How to Generate Complex Passwords and Check Strength?
Whether you are a computer geek, a blogger or a working professional, it is unavoidable to handle large number of passwords in this world of information. There are plenty of tools available on the web to store and process your passwords. If you are using the computer single handedly then it can easily be done with the password management option with the browsers. But there are two other aspects of effective password management. One is to generate the complex password and the other is to check the complexity of your existing passwords.
Using passwords like admin, password, login, etc. will enable the hacker to easily find the password within few attempts. Whether you are having hundreds of passwords or a few, use these two free password management tools to have a secured password.
Password Generator Tool
Setting a complex password for logging into your computer or site is most important thing in protecting from hackers. Sometimes you might struck up in creating a password for your site. Here is a free online password generator tool that helps you to create simple, medium and strong password. You can use this tool to generate passwords and use anywhere on the web easily.
It will generate the password with two simple criteria:
- Complexity - choose the complexity between easy, medium and tough.
- Length - choose the length of your password between 4 to 50 characters.
Click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button to copy the password to clipboard.
Password Strength Checker Tool
Nowadays it is necessary to have a complex password for all your need. Especially banking sites does not allow to have simple passwords due to security reason. We recommend you to check all your existing passwords are complex using the below rules.
- Use passwords with more than 10 characters
- Have special characters and symbols
- Use mix of capital and small letters
- Don't use the same username as password
- Change your passwords in periodic interval
- Use two factor authentication for secured login
- Don't share the password with unknown people
- It is a good idea to have a password management tool for storing all you detail. Generally these tools use cloud storage hence you can access the detail from anywhere
Based on these rules, systems classify passwords into many categories like:
- Very Weak
- Very Strong
If your password is weak then create a very complex password using the password generator tool for all your needs.
Encrypting and Decrypting Passwords
If you have a mission critical password then try to encrypt before storing. There are few methods available like MD5, SHA1 and StandardDES for encrypting your passwords. Generally all the passwords stored in a database should be encrypted to avoid anyone viewing it accidentally. You can use free services like MD5 Online to encrypt or decrypt your password.