There are hundreds of free and premium slider plugins available for WordPress. However, only few plugins stand out in the crowd like Slider Revolution and LayerSlider. We have reviewed Slider Revolution in earlier article and here is a genuine review of LayerSlider plugin. Note that the plugin name is changed to Kreatura Slider Plugin for WordPress.
Kreatura Slider Plugin is a WordPress plugin for creating and customizing fully responsive functional sliders. After enabling this plugin, you can access a new page in the admin panel.
- It contains many options and for new users, the plugin can be quite overwhelming in terms of capability. As an example, there’s a variety of animation and transition combination.
- It is possible to create 2D animated sliders, create 3D animated sliders, choose thumbnail navigation and choose various transitions.
- With the LayerSlider plugin, it is possible to create any slider you need and multiple sliders can be added into a single page.
- One big advantage of using Layer Slider is that the plugin is simple to use. The developer makes the LayerSlider to work with most of the popular themes.
Get LayerSlider and start creating slider for your site.
Kreatura Slider Plugin is one of the trending items sold on the popular Envato’s Codecanyon marketplace. It will cost $25 for a regular license, which is sufficient for use on single end user site. The extended license will cost $120, which is generally meant for developers.
More than 100K people purchased the plugin from the marketplace with the average review of 4.75 from 3.1K people. This is an indication that the plugin is a good option for your need.
The popularity of LayerSlider comes with the reasons that many popular developers offer the plugin bundled with their theme. For example, when you buy Highend theme from Mojo marketplace, you will get both Slider Revolution as well as LayerSlider for free. Remember the bundled versions generally come with limited features like no template library. We recommend buying the full version of the plugin to have all features if it suits your need.
Installation and Updates
After purchasing the slider from Codecanyon, install and activate on your WordPress site with the product key.
The development team behind LayerSlider is Kreatura Media. They release the updates frequently to ensure that the plugin will remain compatible with the newest WordPress version. The updates are free for lifetime including the features released with newer versions.
In order to get started, you need to click the “Add New Slider” button on the LayerSlider settings page. After designating the name of a slider, you can define specific options, such as animation type, size, navigation, speed and others. Layer editor powered by Adobe Creative Cloud allows you to drag and drop and edit content easily.
You can add images, HTML code, text and videos for layers of the slider. Each layer could also get specific transitions. Adding a new slide is as easy as clicking the green plus sign under the Slides tab. Each time you finish making improvement or change, you can click the Save Changes button.
LayerSlider offers hundreds of templates through the Template Store. You can preview the live sliders and choose the one you like. Sliders are grouped under different categories like parallax, popup, full width, landing page, loop, ken burns, etc. You can import the needed slider templates on your site and start customizing the slides.
Each template can be a good starting point for any project. This applies for personal, small business and corporate business uses. These templates are crafted carefully and they are aesthetically pleasing. You can customize them to fit all kinds of requirements. View the official demo of the sliders to get a feel of how it looks.
Below are some of the notable features of LayerSlider:
- Adobe Creative Cloud supported drop and drop LayerSlider Editor.
- 200+ pre-defined animation effects including the popular origami effect.
- Template store offering premium sliders.
- Create dynamic sliders pulling content from posts and pages.
- Different popup styles like infobar, sidebar, full page, modal, multiple popups, etc.
- Play by Scroll option allows showing slider on scrolling with animation effects.
- Version control through revisions allows you to revert any mistakes to the live sliders.
- Duplicate, restore and merger sliders options.
- Fully responsive sliders fitting on all devices.
- Compatible with all browsers, most WordPress themes and retina ready.
Often, slider plugins for WordPress are not known for their responsiveness. The Layer Slider is developed from the ground up to be highly responsive. Regardless of the size of the device, the slider should look great.
Animation that Stands Out
It’s easy to add slider to a page using any of the plugins, but it needs to stand out. Nobody will pay attention to the slider, if it is not eye catching enough. So, animation can be used to attract attention. In that context, LayerSlider comes with a great animation engine. When using Layer Slider, you can find hundreds of different slide transitions. Most of these animations are appealing.
As an example, 3D transitions look particularly appealing and they can give your website a real touch of originality. By using specific pre-defined transitions, your website may appear many times better than other websites. Content can be treated as a separate layer and then individually animated. It is a feature that’s not always available in any slider plugin.
Documentation and Support
Because LayerSlider is powerful and has plenty of features, it is a good idea to check the status of your installation under “LayerSlider > System Status” menu from WordPress admin panel. You can read the complete documentation from the developer’s website or raise a support ticket to address your issues. The documentation is exhaustive where you can find tutorial for installing the plugin, creating sliders, performing advanced customizations and troubleshooting.
After purchasing LayerSlider, you can get 6 months of free support, which is useful for getting answers to general questions and fixing bugs specific to your site. If necessary, you can purchase an extended support for 12 more months for the price of $7.50. You can also discuss with the developer through Codecanyon comments section to get your questions answered.
There are many slider plugins out there. However, these plugins are often bloated with features that many people hardly ever use. The LayerSlider Responsive WordPress Slider Plugin comes with lot of features. It’s true that you need sometime to learn all these features and create good-looking sliders for your site. Since LayerSlider is focusing more on special animation effects, it is a good idea to choose this plugin, if you prefer to have transition and animation options. You can make more complex sliders that contain all kind of fun effects and great content.
- Extensive options for creating beautiful sliders.
- Pre-defined templates you can choose from.
- Good documentations and support.
- Slider will make your site slow.
- Adding some more money, you can buy a good theme that includes Layer Slider plugin.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.