Installing Free Windows 8.1 – Step3: Downloading ISO File
Free Windows 8.1 evaluation version can be downloaded from Microsoft’s TechNet Evaluation Center. You need to have a Microsoft account in order to download the file.
- Click here to go to the evaluation center.
- Select 32 bit or 64 bit version as supported by your computer.
- Click on “Get Started Now” button to stat downloading.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Microsoft’s account. Enter user id, password and sign in. You can also sign up for a new account from the same screen.
- Once logged in the download will start and the progress bar will show the percentage of downloaded file.
- Microsoft offers the file in ISO image format, which is a single file contains all the data from the installation CD or DVD.
- Depending upon your internet speed, it may take couple of hours to completely download the Windows 8.1 ISO image file.