Jetpack is one of the most popular free WordPress plugins having more than 5 million active installations. The plugin has lot of modules which you can activate or deactivate based on your need. AI Assistant is the latest addition to the plugin’s expanding SEO capabilities. Surprising it is a free feature that anyone Jetpack users can use without paying for a dime.
Jetpack AI Assistant Features
AI Assistant is not a module in Jetpack, instead it is a Gutenberg block which you can insert in the post editor and create content. The experimental feature works based on the generative AI concepts like Bing AI, ChatGPT or Google Bard and do the following stuffs for you:
- Generate full-length blog post with text, list and tables.
- Summarize the article.
- Create a post title.
- Translate the generated content to another language.
- Rewrite the generated content with different tones.
And the beauty is that you can do all these stuffs for free without any payment or additional subscription. Remember, you need to have a WordPress.com account for using Jetpack plugin and the site needs to be connected to WordPress.com.
Using Jetpack AI Assistant in WordPress
Automattic, the company behind Jetpack, has many other plugins with similar name like Jetpack CRM, Jetpack Protect, Jetpack Boost, etc. The AI Assistant comes with the free and popular “Jetpack – WP Security, Back, Speed & Growth” plugin. Therefore, make sure you are using the base plugin on your site.
Creating Blog Post with Jetpack AI Assistant
Create a new post (with Gutenberg editor) to start using the AI Assistant.
- Click the + icon to add a new block or just type /jetpack in the paragraph block to find all Jetpack related blocks.
- Select “AI Assistant (Experiment)” block and insert it in your post.
- Click on the “Write with AI…” option showing on the block’s toolbar.
- You will see few options like “Post about…”, “Information article on…”, Step-by-step tutorial on…” and “Motivational post on…”.
- Select the option you want to proceed with and here I will choose “Post about…” option.
- You will see the prompt changes to “Write a post about” and type your topic in the prompt and click “SEND”.
- Jetpack AI will generate the response and you will see the content is created dynamically in few seconds.
- You can stop the response in-between or wait for the AI to complete the response.
- Check the details and click “Accept” to convert the generated AI response to blocks.
- If you are not happy with the response, simply click on “Try Again…” option from the toolbar to generate a new response.
That’s all!!! You are ready with the basic content for the title and you are free to edit and publish the generated article.
Editing and Continuing the Article
For editing the response, click the “Improve” option showing as a pencil icon in the toolbar. You can create a summary or make the article longer or shorter.
If you want to continue the article after accepting the content, simply click on “Write with AI…” option. select “Continue writing” from the menu items and the Jetpack AI Assistant will generate the response in continuation with the previous response.
Translating and Changing Tones
You can also rewrite the entire content by changing the tone or translating to another language. For that, click “Change tone” or “Translate” icon from toolbar and select the option from the list. At this point, you have 10 different tones like formal, informal, optimistic, humorous, serious, skeptical, empathetic, confident, passionate and provocative. Playing around with changing the tone to get the style of response you need for your blog post.
Similarly, you have 12 languages available for translating the content including English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Hindi, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Arabic. Select the language and translate the entire content in a minute.
Other Content Optimization Options
You have few more options in Jetpack AI Assistant block to optimize content generation process. Create a new AI block below the previously generated content and click on “Write with AI…” option. Now, you will see a list of menu items with additional options.
- Based on Preceding Content – under this section, you can continue the writing, correct spelling / grammar and simplify the written content.
- Based on Entire content – below this section, you can find summarize and generate a post title options.
- Write – this section will show the same previous set of options to write a blog post.
You can use the summarize option on existing articles to create a neat summary below the article.
Jetpack AI Assistant FAQ
Yes, it is a free feature for all Jetpack plan users.
No, I do not see any restrictions in generating or summarizing the articles. It seems, you can use unlimited number of times at this point.
The response is somewhat similar to Bing AI, ChatGPT and Google Bard. You will get quality response for generic titles while specific/recent/factual stuffs need verification from your side.
Google accepts AI content as long as it is helpful to users and it’s against their policy when used only for search engine ranking purposes. In addition, the responsibility lies with you to proofread and fact check before publishing.
No, at this point you need to manually insert images.
No, AI Assistant option is a block which you can’t disable from the plugin’s settings. However, you can hide the block in Gutenberg editor like hiding any other unused blocks and panels.
No, there are no citations provided to the generated content.