Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency of the world. It uses peer-to-peer system with no banks or brokers in the middle. Many predicts that digital currency is the future of finance. Unicode system has a formal code point assigned for typing Bitcoin sign in documents. In this article, we will explain how to type Bitcoin sign in Windows and Mac documents. You can also checkout how to type other currency symbols using alt code keyboard shortcuts.
Bitcoin Sign – Shortcuts Summary
The easiest way to type the sign is to use alt code in Windows and option code in Mac.
|Symbol Name||Bitcoin Sign ₿|
|Windows Shortcut||Alt + 8383|
|Word Shortcut||20BF + Alt + X|
|Mac Shortcut||Option + 20BF|
|HTML Entity Decimal||₿|
|HTML Entity Hexadecimal||₿|
Insert Bitcoin Sign in Windows
There are multiple options in Windows to insert Bitcoin symbol depending upon the application. The easy option is to use alt code keyboard shortcuts, though you can try other methods also.
- Hold the alt key and type 8383 using numeric keypad to type Bitcoin sign ₿. Remember to enable number lock key when using numeric pad.
- Type 20BF and press alt + x keys to convert the code into ₿ sign. This method works in Microsoft Word and you can use regular keyboard keys.
- Press “Win Logo + R” keys to open Run command and open charmap app. Type 20BF in the “Go to Unicode” box to find Bitcoin.
- Similar to Character Map, you can go to “Insert > Symbols” menu in Microsoft Office applications to Symbol utility. Select “Unicode (hex)” option and type 20BF as “Character code” to find and insert the symbol on your document.
Insert Bitcoin Sign in Mac
- Hold alt or option key and type 20BF to make Bitcoin symbol. For this method to work, you have to first change the input method to Unicode input.
- Go to “Emoji & Symbols” menu from any application to open Character Viewer app. Using this app, you can search and insert the symbol.
Insert Bitcoin Sign in HTML
You can use decimal code or hexadecimal code in the below formats in HTML documents.
Since the symbol is like text content, you can apply all text effects like colors and background.
Note: Do not confuse Bitcoin ₿ with Thai Baht currency symbol ฿. Though both symbols contain capital letter B, the stroke styles are different.