How to Type Barber Pole Emoji Symbol 💈?
Barber pole is a sign displayed in front of the barber’s shop. You may be wondering the relationship with this red and white striped pole and the haircut work done by barbers. However, in earlier days, barbers used to do medical work like blood test. The red stripe on the pole indicates blood and the white stripe indicates dressing cloths. Though things are changed, barber’s shop still used to have this striped pole as an identification.
Also, you can see some shops have different colors like black and white as it has no meaning nowadays. Emoji symbols on Facebook, Twitter and other applications will also look colorful.
Barber Pole Symbol Shortcut Summary
There are many easy ways to insert barber pole symbol on your Word and PowerPoint documents. Below is the summary of shortcuts to insert barber pole symbol on your documents.
|Symbol Name||Barber Pole|
|Alt Code Shortcut (Windows)||Alt 128136|
|Alt X Shortcut (Word)||1F488 Alt X|
|Alt Code Shortcut (Mac)||Insert from Character Viewer|
|HTML Entity Decimal||💈|
|HTML Entity Hexadecimal||💈|
Inserting Barber Pole Symbol
This symbol is part of Unicode emoji list under travel and places category. You can easily use the decimal or hexadecimal codes to insert the symbol on your documents.
Inserting on Windows Documents
- Hold the alt key and type 128136 using number pad to type barber pole symbol 💈.
- On Microsoft Word documents, type 1F488 and press alt + X keys.
- If the symbol codes no working, position the cursor where you want to insert the symbol and press “Win + ;” keys. Type “barber pole” and filter the symbol from the emoji keyboard. Finally click to insert on your document.
Inserting on Mac Documents
- On Pages and Keynote documents, press “Control + Command + Space bar” to open Character Viewer app.
- Search for “barber” and find the symbol.
- Double click to insert the symbol on your document.
Inserting on HTML Documents
- On HTML use the decimal code like &# 128136; or hexadecimal code like &#x 1F488;.
- Below is an example code, to use the barber pole symbol as a list tag in CSS.
Windows, Apple, Google, Facebook and Twitter display the emoji symbols with different colors. For example, on Facebook the barber pole will have both top and bottom caps. However, on Google applications it will only have top cap.
Symbol Variations on Documents
The symbol looks colorful on the browser and Apple documents. However, on Windows documents it will be black and white like any other Unicode symbols. You can easily apply color and change the font size like other text content.