Windows 10 has a unique way of showing notifications every time as a sliding popup from lower right corner. You have an option to checkout the unseen notifications from the action center later. Though notifications help to get information instantly, receiving many notifications every time can be annoying. That becomes too much when multiple apps push out the notifications every time something happens. It’s good that Windows 10 provides an option to turn them off. Also You can specifically turn on/off notifications for different apps. Let’s see how to do this.
Turn off Notifications in Windows 10
Windows 10 allows you to control all of your notifications in a simpler way. There is a panel inside the settings which allows you to do all of that.
- Completely disable all notifications
- Disable notifications from individual apps
- Turn off automatic suggestions
- Disable lock screen notifications
- Temporarily disable notifications
1. Disable All Notifications at Once
Sometimes, you don’t even need a single notification. For this, all you have to do is:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard to open ‘Start’. Search for ‘Settings’ app and hit ‘Enter’ to launch it.
- Navigate to this path ‘System > Notifications & actions’.
- Under ‘Notifications’, just toggle ‘off’ the ‘Get notifications from apps and other senders’ option. This will disable all the notifications on the lock screen from the apps and other senders also.
2. Disable Notification for Individual Apps
Most of the people like getting notification from few apps but not from all the apps. Windows 10 provides an option which allows us to disable notification for specific apps.
- Inside ‘Settings’ app, navigate to the same path ‘System > Notifications & actions’.
- Under ‘Notifications’ section, make sure ‘Get notifications from these sender and other apps’ is ‘On’.
- Scroll down and you’ll see many apps. Toggle ‘Off’ from which you don’t want to receive notifications.
3. Disable Suggestions from Windows
There can be the various unwanted suggestions from windows which you don’t want at all. For example, you may see them in pop-up notifications informing about new features in Windows. Hence, these suggestions can be annoying too. Follow the steps to disable these suggestions:
- Navigate to the same path (System > Notification & actions) in ‘Settings’ app.
- Toggle ‘Off’ the option ‘Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows’ under ‘Notifications’ section.
4. Disable Lock Screen Notifications
You might be getting some notifications from weather, mail, and others apps on the lock screen. Windows 10 allows you to hide these notifications also. Follow the steps to disable them:
- Head over to this path (Personalization > Lock Screen) after opening the ‘Settings’ app.
- Turn ‘Off’ the option ‘Get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen’. This will disable all such tips and suggestions which you’re getting from Cortana and Windows on the lock screen.
- After this, choose ‘None’ in ‘Choose an app to show detailed status’. This will remove the app from showing details on your lock screen.
5. Temporarily Mute Notifications
Windows 10 has a ‘Focus Assist’ feature which allows you to turn ‘On’ the kind of ‘Do not disturb’ mode. This will hide the notification temporarily and mute them. To mute the notifications for some time:
- Go to ‘Settings’ app and open ‘Focus Assist’ by heading over to this (System > Focus Assist) path.
- Choose the option ‘Alarms only’ to hide all notifications, except for alarms.
This will hide or mute your notifications temporarily. To continue receiving them again, just choose ‘Off’ to get all notifications back.