CamScanner is one of the popular scanning apps for Android and Apple mobile operating systems. Though recently they have been banned by Google for including malicious adware in their Android app, the iOS app used to work properly. Google also restored the app after the developer removed the malicious code from the app reported by Kaspersky. You can use this app for scanning and storing documents in one place without hassle. However, when you have a new phone, you may need to move all your scanned documents. In addition, there are also reasons for you to backup all scanned content and move to another phone for reusing. In this article, we will explain how to transfer CamScanner documents to another phone. We have used all screenshots from iPhone, however the process remains same on Android as well.
Step1 – Register for New Account
CamScanner app offers in app purchase to get additional features like e-signature, 10GB cloud storage, no-ads, etc.,. However, you can use the app for free and do unlimited scanning without registering an account. In order to backup and restore your documents to a new device, first step you need is to register an account.
- Open CamScanner app on your old phone and tap on three horizontal lines on the top left corner.
- Select “Settings” from the slide out menu.
- Tap on “Sign in/Register” option under “CamScanner Account” section.
- You can either use your email or the phone number to register a new account.
Step2 – Sync Up Content
After registering for a new account, you will be automatically logged in to your account. In order to backup your documents, you should sync the documents to could first.
- Go back to “Settings” page.
- Tap on “Sync” option to begin the synchronization of documents.
- It will take some time depending upon the size of your scanned documents to complete the sync process.
Step3 – Backup Documents
Once the sync is showing as 100%, you can initiate the backup of your content.
- Go to “Settings” page and tap on “Security And Backup” option.
- Now, tap on “Backup and Restore” option.
- You will get a prompt showing the progress of your sync.
- Ensure it shows 100% uploaded.
Basically, this is an additional step to ensure you have completed 100% sync.
Step4 – Install CamScanner in New Phone
After syncing the documents on your old phone, take your new phone and install the CamScanner app from App Store.
Step5 – Login and Restore
Now, you can login and restore the backup from the cloud.
- Go to “Settings” page and tap on “Sign In/Register”.
- Login using your email or phone number that you have used on your old iPhone.
- Go to “Security and Backup” section and tap on “Backup and Restore”.
- You will see the prompt showing the progress of upload completion.
- Wait for the upload to complete 100%.
Checking Your Documents
After completion of uploading, you can view and use all documents on your new iPhone. You can use the same method in Android phones also to backup and restore the content. Any new document you scan will be uploaded to your cloud account and synced automatically across the devices. Similarly, any document you delete on one device will be synced to cloud and deleted from the other device when you restore the backup. In this way, you can install CamScanner in any new Android or iPhone and transfer all documents easily by using the same login account.