Rank Math WordPress SEO Plugin Review
WordPress is basically a blogging platform that offers robust features for ranking high on search engines. It is very easy to categorize the blog posts and pages with default WordPress setup. However, SEO nowadays has different dimensions compared to the traditional focus on meta data. Yoast is the leader in WordPress SEO, setting path for many other developers to address those different aspects of WordPress SEO. Following Yoast path, Rank Math is a SEO plugin for WordPress sites from Mythemeshop. It has all the feature required to customize and improve the rank of your website in search engines.
Installing and Activating Plugin
Go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate “Plugins > Add New”. Search for “rank math” to install and activate the plugin.
Using Setup Wizard
If you already have Yoast / Redirections plugin, then Rank Math will prompt you to migrate the settings.
If you are installing on a new WordPress site or you don’t have Yoast / Redirection plugin then you will see the initial setup wizard without importing options.
The setup wizard will show the compatibility of Rank Math plugin with your WordPress installation. Click on the “More” button to see if you have any incompatibility issues. The plugin has few steps to customize the settings in the setup wizard.
Your Site Section
Under this section provide whether your site is a personal blog or belongs to an organization. It will help Google show the knowledge graph in the search result.
Enter the Google Search Console authorization code and select the profile to connect the plugin with your account. Now you can directly view the Search Console crawl errors and take necessary actions.
Enable the Sitemaps button so that the plugin will automatically create a XML Sitemap index for your site. You can include or exclude post types, taxonomies and images in the Sitemap.
Below is how the Sitemap index file created by Rank Math plugin will look like.
You can optimize the below SEO settings under this section.
- Noindex empty tag and category archives
- Nofollow image file links
- Open external links in new window
- Strip category base
Now you are ready to use the plugin. However, you can click on “Setup Advanced Options” button to view more options.
Advanced Setup Options
The advanced setup has two options:
404 + Redirection – enable or disable 404 error monitoring and redirections module.
Miscellaneous – here you can allow the plugin to add missing alt/title text for images and setup the default rich snippet settings.
After completing the setup, you will be redirected to the dashboard.
Using Plugin Settings Menu
If you have missed something in the setup wizard or want to modify the initial settings then use the menu items to configure it as per your need. There are also many additional options in the settings page you will be interested:
- Enable or disable author / date archives under “Titles & Meta” section.
- Setup default title and description formats using variables.
- Redirect attachment pages to post URL under “General Settings > Links”.
- Enable breadcrumbs and customize under “General Settings > Breadcrumbs”.
- Export the entire setting from “Import or Export” section.
Creating Posts with Rank Math
Rank Math will add meta box in post editor that will show the options to optimize the content.
- You can add focus keyword for the post and get the SEO score.
- Check readability of the content and title.
- Ensure keyword density is sufficient.
- Identify the post as a pillar content (corner stone content in Yoast SEO).
- Setup redirection and robots meta tags.
- Change rich snippet settings.
- Add social parameters for Facebook and Twitter.
In order to use all the features, you need to create an account with Rank Math site.
Help and Support
Rank Math offers detailed documentation, Facebook page support and demo site. If you want to try before installation on your site then check the demo to view the settings in front and back end options.
Rank Math WordPress SEO Plugin Free
Product Name: Rank Math Plugin
Product Description: Rank Math is a free SEO plugin to optimize WordPress websites and improve the search engine ranking in Google.
Offer price: Free
- SEO Features
- User Interface
- Additional Features
- Support and Documentation
User Review( votes)
Rank Math is an umbrella plugin that covers multiple features. You can easily try the plugin on a new site. However, you need to create an account for using certain features of the plugin. The plugin also offers seamless way to import settings from Yoast and Redirections plugins. If Yoast SEO plugin is not working on your site for any reason then Rank Math could be an alternate to try.
- One of the biggest advantages of Rank Math plugin is that it covers the functionality of multiple plugins. Therefore, you don’t need to install multiple plugins on your site. It will help to improve the speed and usability drastically.
- Easy setup wizard for new websites and easy to migrate settings from Yoast.
- Missing uniqueness, it gives a feeling of copying and putting the features of Yoast and Redirections plugins in single basket.
- Marketing strategy of promoting through Facebook group and asking for account.