How to Remove Transparency Effect in Mac and Windows 10?
Sometime the new design concepts are annoying instead of improving the user experience. One of such thing on Windows 10 and macOS is the transparency effect of application windows. Though this may be visually appealing you don’t like this on certain occasions. For example, we need to take plenty of screenshots for articles and this transparency effect will highly impact the quality of the images. So here is how you can remove transparency in Windows 10 and Mac.
Related: Flush DNS cache in Windows 10 and Mac.
Remove Transparency in Mac
Below is the screenshot to show you the effect of transparency in MacBook. Due to transparency, the background app color will affect the screen of the front app.
Follow the below instructions to remove transparency in Mac.
- Go to “Apple Menu” and click on “System Preferences…”.
- Navigate to ‘Accessibility’ settings.
- Click “Display” option from the sidebar.
- Enable ‘Reduce transparency” checkbox.
Now the transparency effect will be removed and you can clearly see the apps without any background color impact. Below is the screenshot after removing the transparency.
Remove Transparency in Windows 10
Similar to Mac, Windows 10 also has transparency effects enabled by default. Below is the screenshot in Windows 10 with transparency effects switched on. As you can see the image is showing the background of the desktop which is disturbing the readability of text content.
Follow the below instructions to disable transparency effects in Windows 10:
- Press “Win + I” shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.
- Go to “Personalization” section.
- Navigate to “Colors” tab.
- Scroll down on the right pane to “More Options” section and disable “Transparency effects” option.
Now any screenshots you take will have solid color of that window without showing the background in transparent mode.