iPhone comes with a default Mail app where you can configure multiple email accounts and manage all your emails from one place. Normally, you will open the Mail app, select the account and then create a new email. However, here is a trick to quickly go to composing screen for typing your email. You can learn more tips here to use the Mail app like a pro in iPhone.
Quickly Send Email
- Simply tap and hold on the Mail app.
- You will see a shortcut menu appears and select “New Message” option.
- This will directly go to new message screen where you can add receivers and draft your content.
If you are frequently using Mail app, it’s a good idea to keep it in the dock so that it will appear on all the home screens.
Changing From Account
The above trick will always use your default email account as a sender in “From” field. If you have multiple email accounts, you may want to change the From address.
- Tap on “Cc/Bcc, From” address field to expand the details.
- Again, tap on From field to open a dropdown showing all your email accounts configured in the app.
- Select the account that you want to use in From field as a sender.
Note that you can also select “Hide My Email” option to create a dummy email account. This email will work as a forwarding account using iCloud and forward all emails to your real email thus hiding it from the receivers.
Changing Default Sender
You can setup default sender email to use in “From” field to reduce your work.
- Open Settings app and go to “Mail” app’s settings page.
- Scroll down to bottom and check the “Default Account” under “Composing” section.
- If you want to change the default account, tap on it.
- Select a new account on the next screen.
Henceforth, the selected email address will be used in “From” field when you compose new message using the above trick.