There is a hidden game in Google Chrome browser that you can play when there is no internet connection. This game automatically opens in the browser when you try to open a webpage without connected to internet. Since the latest Microsoft Edge browser is also based on the open source Chromium project, you can also play this game in Edge. However, do you know that you can play Chrome T-Rex dino game in your iPhone? Read on further to find out.
T-Rex Dino Game in Chromium Based Browsers
Below is how the game will look like on your Chrome browser. You can disconnect the internet and refresh the page to start playing this game without any installation.
T-Rex Dino Game in iPhone
On your iPhone, you can’t play this game in Chrome or Safari browser neither inside the app. It works as a home screen widget that you can play right from the screen’s widget area. This means you can play the game with or without connecting to internet.
Steve – Widget Game App for iPhone
First, go to your App Store and search for “steve” to find “Steve – Widget Game” app. Install the app on your iPhone by tapping on “GET” button.
After installing the app, tap on the app icon from your home screen.
The app will show you some minimal buttons and there are not much you need to configure for playing the game.
- How to play – tap on this button to see the animated help section explaining how to add the game widget in your iPhone’s home screen.
- Characters – unlike Chrome’s dino game, here you can change the dino character either by using the collected coins or using in-app payment.
- Leaderboard and about – you can check out the status of other people’s score and the app’s Facebook help page in these sections.
Adding Dino Game Widget in Home Screen
As mentioned, the app will create a widget which you need to add to the widget area screen.
- First swipe right on your first home screen to reach the widget area section.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the “Edit” button.
- Again scroll to bottom and tap on “Customize” option to view all available widgets on your iPhone.
- Find Steve widget which is the name of dino game app and tap on green + icon.
- This will add the game widget and move it to top of the screen. You can tap and hold on the three horizontal lines to move the widget up or down. This is useful to position the widget in easy to access place.
- Tap on the “Done” link showing on top right corner to go back to the widget area.
- Now, you can see the game is added in the screen.
Playing t-Rex Dino Game in iPhone
Playing the game is similar to Chrome’s dino game with limited controls for smartphone’s touch screen.
- If you see “Expand to Play” button in the widget, tap on the small arrow showing at the corner of the game widget to expand it.
- Now, tap on “Tap to Play” button on the widget to start playing the game.
- Simply tap to jump the hurdles and collect the coins. You can turn on the sound, see the distance ran and total number of coins collected while playing the game.
- The game will be over when you hit the hurdle and you can replay or see a video advertisement to collect 50 additional coins.
- If you are bored with the T-Rex dinosaur, use the coins or in-app purchase to buy a new character and continue the game.
Any time you can delete the widget from your screen or completely delete the app to remove the game from your iPhone. Compared to other game apps, this will give you a different experience of playing game from the widget area while having the same feeling of using Google Chrome browser.
The only problem we see currently is that Apple allows to add widgets on the home screen from iOS14 onwards. However, you can’t add this dino widget game in the home screen. You have to swipe right to reach the widget area every time to start playing the game.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.