Having the address bar in top position of the browser app can easily annoy you as every time you need to reach the top for typing a webpage address. Apple makes it easier by allowing you to switch the address bar position to top or bottom in iPhone. However, this works only in Safari and not in other browser apps like Google Chrome. After trying this as an experimental feature for long time, finally, Google also allows you to move Chrome address bar to bottom or top in iPhone app.
Moving Address Bar to Bottom
Make sure you have updated the Chrome app on your iPhone to the latest version and try one of the following methods. By default, Chrome iPhone app shows the address bar in top position.
1. Switch Position from Address Bar
- Launch Chrome and open any website.
- Tap and hold on the address bar to view additional menu items.
- Select “Move Address Bar To Bottom” option to shift the position to bottom.
- If you want to change it to top, again tap and hold on the address bar.
- Now, select “Move Address Bar To Top” option.
2. Switch from Chrome Settings
If you have difficulties in long pressing on the address bar, then you can use the app’s settings instead.
- Open Chrome app and tap the three dots icon showing in bottom right corner.
- Tap on “Settings” button showing on the top row to open app’s settings page.
- Select the “Address Bar” option which should be using “Top” by default.
- You will see “Top” and “Bottom” options and select “Bottom”.
- Finally, tap the “Done” link showing on top right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will see the address bar position is moved to bottom.
Anytime, you can follow the same steps and move the address bar position back to top.