Affiliate marketing is one of the easy ways for bloggers to make money from their blog. However, choosing the right affiliate product is an important step in becoming a successful affiliate marketer. If you run a blogging or SEO related blog, SEMrush affiliate program is the best idea to promote. It is not only useful for your readers also helps you to make decent money from affiliate commission.
SEMrush is one of the popular SEO and digital marketing platform that claims to have more than 6 million users. With 40+ powerful tools, they supports big clients like Wix, Vodafone and Booking.com. Therefore, you can promote a solid and reliable tool without the risk of losing your reader’s trust. You can target bloggers, business website owners and marketing agencies interested in the following topics for promoting SEMrush:
- Get complete SEO auditing report of a website
- Compare and do competitor research to find your strengths and weaknesses
- Carry out traffic analytics to find useful insights
- Get keyword ideas to improve search ranking
- Find backlink details to remove low quality links
- Track daily search engine ranking
If you have a high traffic blog, there are lot of possibilities to earn good money from SEMrush affiliate program.
What is SEMrush Affiliate Program?
SEMrush offers two type of affiliate programs. However, you can be only part of any one program and can’t participate on both.
BeRush Affiliate Program
BeRush is the old affiliate program owned and managed by SEMrush team. Initially this was the only available program and after October 2020, this program was made on invitation basis only. You have to contact their affiliate managers or get invitation from SEMrush to join BeRush affiliate program.
Below is the earnings for BeRush program:
- Get 40% commission rate for each sale
- Same 40% commission for each recurring sale
- Tracks based on first click attribution model
- Payment when threshold reaches $50 through PayPal on 10th and 25th of each month
You can get all promotions material like banners and track the statistics from BeRush website. Affiliates are classified into gold, silver or bronze group based on their sales performance of different plans. Since this is on invitation basis only, let us not explore further and discuss more on the new affiliate program.
SEMrush Affiliate Program Through ShareASale
ShareASale is one of the popular affiliate marketplaces like ClickBank and CJ Affiliates. You can find many popular merchants like WPEngine, OptinMonster and WP Rocket offer their affiliate program through ShareASale. Now, SEMrush also joined ShareASale and offers their latest affiliate program through this marketplace.
- If you do not have an account first go to ShareASale marketplace and register for an account.
- After creating your account, login to ShareASale and search for SEMrush merchant.
- Click “Join Program” button and send your application for the approval. Make sure to fill up you website details and why you want to promote SEMrush.
- SEMrush team will check your application and approve if you are eligible.
- Once approved, you will get an email confirmation.
- Go to ShareASale and navigate to “Links > Get a Link / Banner” menu. Choose SEMrush as merchant and get the promotional links and banners.
Start promoting the links and banners through your banner to make affiliate sales. Since ShareASale links are lengthy with affiliate and merchant codes visible, we recommend cloaking links behind your own domain with simple and neat URLs. If you are using WordPress, checkout the guide on how to cloak affiliate links. You can track each click, conversion and payment through the available reports.
Unlike BeRush, anyone can apply for this new affiliate program through ShareASale website. Below is the commission rate you will get in this program:
- $200 payment for each sale you make
- $10 for each trial account activation
- $0.01 for each signup through your affiliate links
- Tier-2 program under which you can earn $1 for sub-affiliate you refer to SEMrush
- Cookie lifespan of 120 days.
- Payment is sent through direct bank transfer or Payoneer.
$200 per sale is one of the lucrative commissions you can get for promoting a wonderful product suite. However, there are few big differences with BeRush program:
- ShareASale program uses last click attribution compared to first click attribution in BeRush. This helps you to find the final point of sale when you use multiple channels to reach the target conversion.
- Fixed amount per sale with no recurring commission – whether you sell a monthly plan or yearly plan, you will get a fixed commission of $200. Through $200 per sale is good, it is a one-time commission unlike 40% recurring commission on BeRush.
- ShareASale does not offer PayPal payment, instead you need to use Payoneer or other options.
Switching from BeRush to ShareASale
If you are an existing BeRush affiliate and convinced with ShareASale, it is possible to switch your account. When applying through ShareASale, mention you BeRush affiliate id and mention that you want to switch. Alternatively, you can reach out your SEMrush affiliate manager if he/she is in touch with you.
- You have to replace all BeRush links with ShareASale links.
- Commission for any new sale will be paid through ShareASale as $200.
- You can continue to generate 40% recurring commissions from your existing BeRush sales.
If you like BeRush. you can also continue to work with BeRush links and commissions rate.
Read the Terms
While you are trying to focus on promoting affiliate links make sure to avoid mistakes and read the terms and conditions of the program.
- You should not directly advertise your affiliate links using Google Ads or any other program. It is always a good idea to promote your blog and try to convert the traffic to an affiliate sale.
- You are not allowed to use keywords like SEMrush or any related keywords like SEMrush review in your PPC advertisement.
- Avoid sending spam email to users. They can report the abuse to ShareASale to take corrective actions.
- Disclose in appropriate place, when you use affiliate links in articles.
SEMrush affiliate managers are good and knowledgeable. You can reach out to them in case if you have any clarifications. If you want to try out SEMrush before promoting, here is a special 14 days free Pro trail offer for our readers. Checkout all features and you will be convinced to sign up for their affiliate program.