You can easily find a cat face GIF or sticker to send in chat conversations in apps like WhatsApp. However, finding a free image from web and inserting in your documents is a tedious task. The simple option here is to make cat face with your keyboard. The advantage is that these symbols are like text characters and allows you to delete or add wherever you want.
Cat Face Symbols
There are two ways you can make it depending upon the app you want to insert the symbol.
- Cat face emoji – inserting one of the cat emoji symbols is the super easy option. This works on all documents and applications in mobile as well as desktop.
- Cat face text emoticon – other option is to use different keystrokes to make a cat like face. The problem with this option is that it may take long time when you want to make complex faces. Though you can copy and paste the entire characters part of cat face, it may not align properly on all applications. In addition, you may need to use a long keyboard with separate number pad for typing special characters with alt code shortcuts.
Cat Face Emoji Symbols
Let us first explain the easy option of inserting cat face emoji. There are more than 3000 emoji symbols available and cat face 🐱 is part of animal emoji category. Here are the options for you to insert it on any application and document:
Make Cat Face Using Alt Code in Windows
If you want to make the symbol in Windows based applications, using alt code shortcuts is the easiest way.
- Press one of the alt keys on your keyboard – you can press either left or right alt key available both sides of the spacebar key.
- Now press 128049 using number pad on your keyboard. Remember, you should use the number pad keys and not the number keys available above the letters.
- After typing the number, release the alt key.
- You can find the numbers are converted to a cat face emoji symbol like 🐱.
- If you do not have separate number pad on your keyboard, there is an alternate option only for Microsoft Word documents. First, type 1F431 and then press alt and x keys together. You can see the cat face appears now.
The face you make will have different appearance on applications. Below is how it will look on some of the popular platforms.
In addition to simple cat face, you can also make the following cat related faces using alt code shortcuts.
|Cat Face||Name||Alt Code||Alt + X Code|
|😸||Grinning Cat with Smiling Eyes||128568||1F638|
|😹||Cat With Tears of Joy||128569||1F639|
|😻||Smiling Cat with Heart-Eyes||128571||1F63B|
|😼||Cat with Wry Smile||128572||1F63C|
Note: There is also a black cat emoji 🐈⬛ which you can’t make as it is a combination of cat and black square emoji symbols. However, you can insert this symbol on web applications like WhatsApp, Twitter and Messenger.
Using Emoji Keyboard in Desktop and Mobile
The above alt code shortcuts will not work on Mac and mobiles; however, you have an alternate option. Fortunately, all devices using Windows, macOS, Android and iOS come with an in-built emoji keyboard app. You can find and insert these cat faces using emoji keyboard without hassle.
- One Windows – press “Win + ;” keys to open emoji panel which will appear on top of any app. Search for “cat” and insert the emoji wherever you want.
- On Mac – press “fn + E” keys to open Character Viewer app. This is similar to emoji keyboard using which you can search and insert cat face.
- On iPhone and Android – tap on the smiley icon to change the keyboard layout to show list of emojis. You can search and insert cat faces using this emoji keyboard. Note that on Android, you need to use Gboard or other keyboard layouts if your phone model does not show smiley key in keyboard layout.
Cat Face Text Emoticon
If you do not like to use emoji symbols, you can try to make cat faces using different key strokes. These are called text emoticons and there are no logic or rules for making text emoticon symbols.
=^.^=is the easiest text cat face symbol. You can press equal key, caret key (shift + 6), dot, caret and finally equal key to make this. Instead of using dot, you can also use underscore to make face like this
- If you have long keyboard, it is also possible to make cat lenny faces using alt code shortcuts. For example, below are some of the cat lenny faces that you can make with keyboard. However, these text emoticons are quite difficult to make and you can refer this article on how to make lenny faces with alt code shortcuts.
- The last option is to create complex cat like symbols using ASCII text art. Below are some of the examples of ASCII cat faces. Though this looks beautiful, it is really difficult to align within your text content as it stretches to multiple lines for height. However, you can use this in the email signature or at the bottom of your documents so that it will not get distorted. You can also make ASCII text art by converting a PNG or JPEG image using various tools as explained in this article.
/\___/\ ( o o ) === v === ) ( ooooo
. . |\_---_/| / o_o \ | U | \ ._I_. / `-_____-'