The title of this article may look silly. However, if you are reading this article, it means you have a confusion in logging in to your Weebly site. Weebly offers multiple platforms and you need to login to each platform in different manner. In addition, almost all popular hosting companies offer Weebly reseller account for which you need to follow different instructions. In this article, we will explain all possible ways to login to your Weebly site and you can choose the correct one that is suitable for your account.
Weebly Account and Weebly Site
Default Weebly.com website allows you to host 10 websites under a single account. You can create a free or premium site and also have multiple accounts if needed without violating their terms and conditions. You will land on the dashboard when logging in to your account. From there, you need to choose a specific site for editing and adding content. So, this is a two-step process before you see the Weebly editor.
Login to Weebly Account
Popular platforms like WordPress offers a standard way of logging in to your site. Since Weebly has different platforms, you can use one of the following options.
1. Login to Weebly.com Account
This is a default option for creating a Weebly site and most free users will have account on Weebly.com website. However, Weebly is in the process of merging account logins with Square account. You can follow the below process if you did not receive any notification from Weebly for merging the account.
- Go to Weebly.com website and click on “Log In” button.
- On the login page, you will see multiple options for using social accounts or email/username.
- If you are sharing Facebook, Google or Square login with Weebly, click on the correct button. This will take you to the social login page of the corresponding website where you can login with your social account.
- If you are using independent email, enter your email/username and click “Next” button.
- Enter your password on the next screen and click “Login” button. If you don’t remember the password, click on the “Forgot Password?” link to get the password reset link in your account email.
- You will land on Weebly account dashboard. Click on the site name showing on the left side just below Weebly icon to open all the sites available in your account. Now, click “Edit” button to go to Weebly editor.
- Weebly editor will look like below where you can create content using drag and drop elements. You can learn more on how to create a free Weebly site and blog in these articles. Once done, click on the close (X) icon showing on top left corner to close the editor and return back to the dashboard.
- Click on your site name showing on top right corner of the screen and select “Sign out” option to log out of your Weebly account.
Points to Note:
- Weebly login page URL will show something like https://www.weebly.com/app/front-door/signin?path=login#/. However, you can use the simple URL like https://www.weebly.com/login to access the page. You can also bookmark this short URL in your browser for quickly accessing the page.
- The login page is protected with Google reCAPTCHA version 3. You can see the reCAPTCHA icon on the lower right corner of the screen. This means the login page will not work if Google services are blocked in your country (like China). Similarly, you may need to disable VPN or proxy that blocks Google captcha services for protecting your privacy.
- Login means to get inside your Weebly account and you do not need separate login for editing each site in your account.
1.1. Login to Weebly with Square Account
If you have received a notification email from Weebly, make sure to create a Square account and replace your Weebly account with that. Otherwise, you will not be able to access the account and edit your websites. The notification message will look something like below indicating the deadline.
- First, go to Square website and signup for a new account. If you have an existing account, then you can use that with Weebly and do not need to create a new account.
- When you are in the Weebly login page, click “Login with Square” button.
- Enter your Square account email and password to login to Weebly site.
Click the “English” link showing at the bottom of login page to change the language.
2. Login to Weebly from Hosting Account
As mentioned, you can also create a Weebly site from SiteGround, Bluehost or HostGator paid hosting account. They offer Weebly as a reseller service using Weebly Cloud. The process completely depends on the hosting company you use. Generally, you need to login to your hosting account and select the site you want to edit to go to Weebly editor.
As we have tested with SiteGround and HostGator, this does not go to Weebly dashboard. You will directly go to Weebly editor for your site to manage the content.
3. Login to Other Weebly Platforms
Weebly offers multiple platforms other than Weebly.com website.
- Designers – Go to Weebly Designers website and click on “Sign in” button. Provide your email and password to login to your account.
- Education – Weebly retired their education platform from August 2022 and the teachers account will be converted to free Weebly.com account. So, you can follow the same process as explained above to login to your account. Unfortunately, students websites within teacher’s account will be disabled hence you need to move them to separate account to look for migrating to other platforms.
- Reseller – If you have a reseller account on your own, then you can use Weebly Cloud login page to go to your account.
- Affiliate Login – Weebly offers affiliate program through ShareASale affiliate marketplace. If you want to apply for their program, go to ShareASale website and signup for a new account. Once you have approval from Weebly, you can login to your affiliate account and track the earning. You can learn more about making money with Weebly affiliate program and referral program.