How to Launch a Successful Affiliate Campaign with WordPress?
Want to make money while you sleep?
Then, an affiliate marketing campaign is something you should try. The idea behind the affiliate marketing is that you, as a brand, basically get others (affiliates) to promote your product, from which they earn a commission if people start buying your product thanks to their promotional actions.
Affiliate marketing has been a successful marketing strategy for quite a while now. The majority of companies, especially startups prefer this strategy to get their product going. According to Web Market Support, 81% of brands leverage affiliate marketing to promote their products and 38% of marketers name this marketing strategy to be the #1 to attract new customers.
You can start an affiliate campaign with the help of the platform you used to create your website. And, if you use WordPress, you’ve got tons of options on your hands. Let’s take a look at a quick guide, how to launch a successful affiliate campaign with WordPress.
1. Choose an Affiliate Marketing WordPress Plugin
The launch of an affiliate marketing campaign on WordPress starts with choosing a plugin that works best for the needs of your business.
The benefit of opting for a WordPress plugin instead of looking for an affiliate marketing platform is that you’ll be able to control everything as the admin if you’ve built your website using WordPress.
Here are relevant WordPress plugins that will allow you to start an affiliate marketing campaign:
- AffiliateWP is a set of plugins that serve as a coherent tool to help you launch a successful affiliate marketing campaign. It allows you to track the list of your affiliates, identify top-earning affiliates and manage payments. This plugin is very consistent and allows you to see the complete information on all of your affiliates and the work they’ve done.
- Affiliates Manager is one of the best plugins to automate your WordPress affiliate marketing campaign. It offers real-time tracking and allows you to have an unlimited number of affiliates. With these features, this plugin makes it easy to run the campaign, track your affiliates and manage payments.
- ThirstyAffiliates is a practical tool that can help you track the success of your affiliate campaign and monetize your website. It provides you with real-time data as well as regular admin email reports. A great feature of this plugin is that it has a special tool that protects your commissions from theft.
There are tons of plugins on WordPress that have all the tools to launch an affiliate campaign but the trick is to keep them up-to-date. These three plugins have proven to be the most effective, so find one that will work best for you.
2. Create an Affiliate Program
All WordPress plugins have a feature to manage affiliate campaigns. That’s the first step to start a campaign – to click on the “Campaigns” button in your WordPress affiliate marketing plugin.
Every WordPress plugin is designed in the way to help make the launch of the affiliate campaign as easy as possible. When launching an affiliate campaign, you need to take into account three things:
- Program name: come up with a catchy affiliate program name that will best describe your product;
- Program details: this includes the description of the program, where you should write about the values of your company, the product itself and why the affiliates should invest their time in this campaign.
After that, you’re required to select a payment method, which must be handled before you actually launch the campaign.
These are all basic steps. But if you want to launch a successful affiliate marketing campaign, you need to pay more attention to the content you’re producing for your website. Martin Jefferson, a marketing specialist says that the quality of your content is directly proportional to the number of the affiliates you get. The more engaging it is, the better the results will be. So, launching a successful affiliate marketing campaign includes a lot of different aspects, the content being the important one.
3. Recruit Affiliates to Promote Your Product
There are three basic ways WordPress plugins allow you to recruit affiliates:
- Using a social share widget. Social media and affiliate marketing go hand in hand. Social media platforms give you the necessary audience to promote your product to. Besides, there you can find influencers that will gladly participate in your affiliate marketing campaign. By switching on the social share widget, your affiliates will be able to promote your product through Facebook. LinkedIn, Twitter and through email.
- Creating an affiliate registration form. We’re talking about running the affiliate campaign with the help of WordPress, so all interactions will be managed by you as an admin. To help new affiliates sign up you can use WordPress plugins to create an affiliate registration form. This will help you track their activities at all times.
- Adding affiliates manually. If you’ve been contacted by an affiliate through some other way and agreed on letting them participate in your affiliate campaign, you can use WordPress plugins to add them manually.
WordPress plugins are very versatile when it comes to managing the affiliates. They make all the work automated and help you manage payments.