Apple is one of the most valuable tech companies in the world. The logo of the company is so popular with a bitten apple. Though the logo is a graphical design, do you know you can insert Apple logo on your documents like a text character? In this article, we will explain different methods to insert Apple logo in Windows and Mac.
Insert or Type Apple Logo
Use on of the following methods that works for you to insert the symbol. Some options are keyboard shortcuts while others are tools in default operating system that you can use for this purpose. Here is the summary of alt code keyboard shortcuts that you can try before trying other options.
|Symbol Name||Apple Logo |
|Windows Shortcut||Alt + 61440|
|Alt + X (for Word)||F000 + Alt + X|
|Mac Shortcut||Option + F000|
|HTML Entity Decimal|||
|HTML Entity Hexadecimal|||
Note: F000 is not an approved Unicode point. Hence, this may not work well in all cases.
Insert Apple Logo in Mac
Apple offers a hidden keyboard shortcut in macOS. You can press “Option + Shift + K” to insert Apple logo in Pages, Keynote and Numbers. However, this will work only on Apple applications and not with third-party applications like Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
Create Keyboard Shortcut for Apple Logo
If you frequently use Apple logo on your documents you can create a custom shortcut instead of using the above keyboard shortcut.
- First the Apple logo symbol.
- Click on Apple logo on top left corner and go to “System Preferences…” section.
- Find “Keyboard” option and click on it.
- Go to “Text” tab and click on the + icon.
- Type “applelogo” under “Replace” and paste the symbol under “With” sections. Instead of “applelogo”, you can assign any other word that you remember when using the shortcut on your documents.
- Close the preferences section and open Pages or any other text applications from Apple.
- Type “applelogo” and press the space to insert the logo symbol. You can also see the replacement suggestion when typing the shortcut word.
Insert Apple Logo in iPhone
There are no default options to insert Apple logo in iPhone. However, the custom keyboard shortcuts you create in Mac will automatically synced with iPhone when logged in with same Apple account. If you are using different Apple IDs on iPhone and Mac, then you can create custom keyboard shortcut in iPhone under “Settings > General > Keyboards > Text Replacement”.
Insert Apple Logo in Windows
Similar to macOS, you have also multiple options for inserting Apple logo In Windows computers. However, you need to have “Baskerville Old Face” font on your computer in order to insert the logo. Otherwise, the best option is to copy and paste the logo whenever you need.
Using Character Map
The option is to use the Character Map tool available by default in Windows OS.
- Press “Win + R” to open Run prompt.
- Type “charmar” and press enter key. This will open Character Map app.
- Choose the “Baskerville old Face” font from the dropdown and scroll down to the bottom of the list.
- select the Apple logo and click on “Copy” button to copy the symbol to clipboard.
- Use “Control + V” shortcuts to paste the copied symbol anywhere on your documents.
After pasting, you may see the symbol as a small box. Select that and change the font to “Baskerville Old Face” to change the display to Apple logo.
Using Symbol Utility in Office Documents
You can use “Symbol” utility in Word, PowerPoint and Excel to insert Apple logo similar to using Character Map app.
- Open your document and click on “Insert” menu.
- Click on “Symbol > More Symbols” to open “Symbol” utility.
- Change the font to “Baskerville Old Face” and find the Apple logo symbol.
- Select the symbol and click on “Insert” button to insert on the cursor position on your document.
Alt Code Keyboard Shortcuts for Apple Logo
As you can see in the Symbol utility and Character Map app, Apple logo symbol has U+F000 as a Unicode codepoint. F000 is the hexadecimal value and the equivalent decimal value is 61440. You can use these codes along with alt key on your keyboard to insert Apple logo with Baskerville Old Face font.
- Type F000 and then press alt + x keys to make the symbol. This will work only on Microsoft Word documents.
- Hold one of the alt keys and then type 61440 using number pad on your keyboard.
Copy and Paste
If none of the above methods are working for you then the best option is to simply copy and paste the symbol from this article. Alternatively, you can install the required font to make the task easy for you.
Customizing the Appearance
When you insert Apple logo, it will behave like any other text content on the document. You can change color, background and apply text effects to change the display of the symbol