Many Windows 10 users are familiar with Microsoft Edge, the new browser integrated with Windows. According to many users, Edge is much faster than previous versions of Internet Explorer, and offers more features for enhanced browsing sessions. Another addition is that you can easily shift your bookmarks from other browsers to Edge. This article will take you through how to import your bookmarks from Google Chrome to Edge.
Related: Import bookmarks from Edge to Chrome.
Method 1: Importing Bookmarks Directly from Chrome
Follow the below instructions to move bookmarks from Chrome to Edge when you have Chrome and Edge on the same computer. This is a built-in feature available with Edge, so you don’t need to have any third party tools.
- Open Microsoft Edge browser on your PC and the “Setting and more” icon at the top-right corner of the browser window (the three dots).
- On the drop-down menu select settings.
- On the “General” settings option, under “Transfer favorites and other info” click on “Import or export”.
- You will see a list of available browsers. Select Chrome and click the “Import” button.
- To confirm that your bookmarks have been imported, you can click on the setting icon, the select “Favorites” you will see a folder “Imported from Chrome”.
Method 2: Importing Through a HTML File
There are situations you want to move bookmarks between two computers. In this case, the above import method will not work. However, you can first export the Chrome bookmarks to a HTML file. And then import to Edge without ay third party tools.
- Launch the Chrome browser and type “chrome://bookmarks/” on the address bar and press the “Enter” key.
- From the bookmarks screen, click on the more options icon (3 vertical dots) located at the right of the “Bookmarks” screen and then select “Export bookmarks”.
- When prompted to save, select the storage location and click the “Save” button.
- Exit Chrome and open Edge browser.
- At the top-right corner, click on the settings icon and select settings. In the “General” category under the heading “Transfer favorites and other info” click on “Import or export button”.
- Go to “Import or export a file” section and choose the “Import from file” button.
- Chose the HTML file exported from Chrome and click “Open”.
- Once complete, you will get a notification “All done!” just below the “Import from file” button.
- For confirmation, check whether you can see a folder of the imported bookmarks.
Related: Microsoft Edge Vs Google Chrome.
Microsoft Edge is currently under development, but its speed and features already carry some users away. Fortunately if you are switching browsers you can use either of the above option to move your bookmarks with you and continue to enjoy a personalized browsing experience. You can also transfer other browser data like history and cookies from Chrome to the Edge browser.