SiteGround is one of the popular hosting companies for WordPress uses. This is also one of the officially recommended services by WordPress.org community. However, things may not always work smoothly especially when you are purchasing add-on services. When you are not happy with premium hosting or CDN plans, you can easily create a cancellation and get refund from SiteGround.
SiteGround Refund Policies
Before raising refund / cancellation request, remember the followings:
- New purchase – shared hosting includes 30 days money back guarantee while cloud hosting is limited to only 14 days.
- Renewals – if your renewal date is not started then you are eligible for refund within 30 days of payment. If your renewal already started, then you will lose the first month of payment and get the full or partial payment for the remaining duration as application.
- Premium CDN has 30 days money back guarantee.
- Domains and other paid support services are not eligible.
You can check out their knowledge base article to get the latest information on these terms.
Refund Example Case for CDN
We are using SiteGround for more than six years and things are pretty stable with them.
As you might have heard, they introduced an in-house CDN service recently and we want to try that for one of our sites instead of Cloudflare premium. However, it did not work well and consistently showing reduce slow server response time warning in Google PageSpeed Insights tool. So, we decided to cancel the CDN plan and get the refund as it was within 30 days of money back guarantee terms.
Get Refund in SiteGround
The process is simple though you need to follow few steps to create a cancellation request. Note that this is also the same process for cancelling the auto renewal of your hosting and other services.
- Login to your account and click on the “Websites” tab.
- If you have multiple websites, find the site for which you want to cancel any premium services.
- Click on the “All Site Options” link showing against the site.
- On the next screen that appears, scroll down bottom to “Added Extras” section. Here you can find all your premium services purchased for the selected domain.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon showing against the service that you want to cancel.
- Select “Cancel” from the list of available options.
- Next screen will show the option for cancelling the service immediately or after the expiration. Select “Immediately” option for getting refund for the purchase and click “Continue”. Alternatively, select “At expiration…” option if you simply want to cancel the auto renewal of the service.
- Select one of the reasons for cancelling your service or select “Other” and type the reason in the text box. Click “Continue” to proceed further.
- Finally, you will see the eligible refund amount for your cancellation request. Make sure to check the amount, especially if this for partial usage, and click “Confirm”.
- You will see a cancellation completed message indicating the refund request is successful.
Check Invoice for Refund Amount (Credit Memo)
The amount will be credited to the payment method you have used for purchasing the service. However, this may take 7 to 21 days as mentioned in the cancellation request. If you want to get the credit memo for this cancelled amount before that period, go to “Billing” section. Click on the “Payment History” section and there you will find the entry for the refund amount. Click on the “Credit Memo” link to download the credit memo as a PDF file to your computer.
SiteGround does not send you any email for refund details. Therefore, credit memo is the only document you can use for any of your internal accounting processes.
Purchasing a premium hosting or CDN plan in SiteGround needs hardly few clicks. However, cancelling is a length process that you need to navigate to multiple screens before finishing the request. The only good part is that it is easy to follow and you do not need to discuss with support representative to explain the reasons. If you are not happy with their service, simply follow the above cancellation process and get refund from SiteGround.