Running a successful website needs two most important things – time and money. The more money you spend the more features you will get for your site. As a site owner you need to initially spend money to bring your site into a decent state in terms of traffic and look. You should target a definite return on investment from your site at certain point of time in the cycle, probably a year after you started. This is not an easy job to make it feasible at the same time you can look at thousands of sites in the net making cool money every day from online advertising. Based on the traffic and popularity of your site there are plenty of advertisers waiting in the queue to sell their products online through your site. Here are some tips for you as a site owner to find advertisers for your site or blog.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Online Advertisers
It is common among site owners to make money from various PPC programs. Google AdSense is one of the easy and reliable ways of making money online from your site. Follow the below steps to succeed with AdSense.
- Build your site for 6 months to a year before applying for AdSense. In case of rejection, work on the issue and wait for enough time before applying again.
- Once approved follow AdSense policies and your earnings will be very low as few dollars per month for sometimes. Concentrate more on building your site during this period and you will notice your earnings will also start growing considerably.
- If you are banned from AdSense then find best AdSense alternative programs here.
Display Ad Space Banners in Your Site
Start displaying “Advertise Here” banners to inform the users that you are interested in selling ad space through your site. Banners can be displayed in the site header, footer or sidebar area to attract user’s attention. Prepare your detailed advertising plan for each type of ads like CPC or CPM and provide complete details to the advertisers who contact you. You can also create a dedicated page in your site and link it to the ad spacing banners so that advertisers can get the details before contacting you. There are also exclusive services like BuySellAds where you can sell your ad space.
Promotion and Selling
It is a good strategy to promote your site along with selling ad space. Some of the forum sites offer an option to add signatures with link which will be displayed at the end of each of your posts. For example, digitalpoint forums is a famous online community for webmasters where you can create link signatures.
- Register on this forum and start posting useful information.
- Once you become an established member then you will be eligible to add links in the signature.
- Create two links one linking to your home page and other linking to your ad space selling page.
BuySellAds and Fiverr also offer a market place where anyone can buy or sell ad space from any interested owner. You can try to find advertisers here as well.
Combining AdSense and Other Ads
The advantage of AdSense is that you can combine the ad space with other advertisers. Some of the advertisers like Digitalpoint forum offer an optimization method to use the same ad space by their own ads or with AdSense ads.
- Navigate to advertising section of the digitalpoint forum and choose sell ad space.
- Verify your site details and place an ad code provided by them in your site.
- This ad code will automatically displays digitalpoint ads and if there are no ads then AdSense ads will get displayed in the same ad space.
When an advertiser buy an ad space digitalpoint will cut 20% of the commission, hence try on your own to get advertisers before you go for such a commission systems.
Find out the sites in your area of interest and contact them one by one through email. This may be a difficult task with very less possibility of success but you can consider doing this along with other opportunities. If the site owner is impressed with your site’s traffic and content then there is a high possibility that they will respond you for advertising their site.
Using Recommendations and Classifieds
If your friends are running a high traffic Blogger or WordPress then it is a good idea that they recommend your site for advertising on related topics. Advertisers viewing their blog will get a chance to know about your site and approach you for further details. If you are running multiple sites then you can sell ad space of one site through other site, but avoid back linking both sites which may create negative impression.
You can also use traditional classified ads to display your ad on local newspapers to get advertisers for your site. There are millions of users without internet access and willing to advertise their products online. Classified ads is the simple way to reach out those segment of audiences for minimal price. Most of the online classified ad sites provide free limited time offer which you can use for finding a potential advertisers for your site.