WeChat is used by more than a billion people worldwide. The app’s digital payment gateway is unavoidable for daily life in China. The so-called WeChat Pay has two passwords when you want to send and receive money. Though the payment password is an important one, the security lock is not always necessary for many users. If you are annoyed with unlocking the payment QR code every time with Face ID or password, then here is how to disable payment security lock in WeChat. On other hand, make sure to enable security lock if you are sharing the phone with others.
Payment Password and Security Lock
Before proceeding, do not confuse with payment password and security check.
It is a six-digit PIN needed for money transfer and verification purposes.
You must have set the password while setting up WeChat Pay. Anytime you can change payment password by navigating to “Me > Services > Wallet > Payment Settings > Change Payment Password” section. It is also possible enable “Face Pay” to use facial recognition from your phone instead of entering PIN.
is an additional protection layer needed for accessing “Me > Services” section. For example, when you tap on the ⊕ icon and select “Money”, you need to unlock the screen using your Face ID or password.
Payment password is important and mandatory while security lock is optional in WeChat.
Disable Payment Security Lock in WeChat
Now that you have understood the security lock option in WeChat. It is a good option to protect someone accidentally open your QR code and pay in kiosk or store. However, if you are using the phone single handedly, then it is not much useful and can be annoying at times. Follow the below steps to disable payment security lock in WeChat.
- Tap on “Me” and navigate to “Services” section.
- Open your “Wallet” and tap on “Consumer Protection” option.
- You will see list of options in Chinese and tap on the second item (安全保障) which is related to safety & security settings.
- On the next screen, select “Security Lock” option.
- You will see three options – Face Unlock, Pattern Password Unlock and Close. Select “Close” option to disable “Security Lock” in your WeChat app.
Henceforth, you will NOT be prompted to unlock the screen whenever you go to “Me > Services” section or select “Money” by tapping on ⊕ icon.
Enabling Security Lock in WeChat
Security lock is not only for viewing your payment QR code. It protects entire “Me > Services” section and disabling that will allow anyone to access your Wallet and transactions. So, if your kids or family members also using your phone then make sure to enable security lock to prevent mistakes.
- Go to “Me > Services > Wallet > Consumer Protection” section.
- Tap on “Security Lock” option and then select either “Face Unlock” or “Pattern Password Unlock” option.
- You will be prompted to verify with payment password. Enter the six-digit PIN to save the selected option.
Go back to “Chats”, tap on ⊕ icon on top right corner and select “Money” option. now, WeChat will prompt you to unlock the screen with Face or pattern password as you have setup.
Note: The screenshots and settings are shown from WeChat iPhone app. You can follow the similar steps in Android app.