There are many ways to promote your work and email marketing is one such a popular option available for everyone. However, many people think email marketing is about sending newsletters to big distribution group. It is not necessary the case and you can even make use of the email signatures for promoting your work. For example, you can add your website, display picture or social profiles so that all recipients can get in touch with you through different ways. Outlook offers simple way to create email signature and insert on all new and replies. In this article, we will explain how you can do that.
Outlook Email Signature
Almost all email apps like Mail app in Mac offers an option to add signature to your emails. Likewise, Outlook allows you to create multiple signatures and insert the default one in new emails and replies. If required, you can manually switch to different email signature while composing the email. Since Outlook app is available for different platforms as well as online, here we will explain the method for Windows, Mac and online. Remember, the signatures will not be synchronized in Outlook and hence you need to create them on all your devices separately.
1. Create Email Signature in Outlook Windows App
Follow the below instructions to create and insert signatures in Outlook Windows app.
- Open Outlook and click on “New Email” button.
- When you are in the new email screen, click on the “Signature” icon from the toolbar and select “Signatures…” option.
- This will open “Signatures and Stationery” dialog box and make sure you are in “E-mail Signature” tab.
- Click on “New” button, provide the name for your email signature in the pop-up and click “OK” button.
- Enter your email signature details in the text box, add hyperlinks and pictures if required.
- You can create multiple signatures if required.
- Under “Choose default signature” section, select the correct email account, default signature for new message and replies/forwards.
Click on the “Get signature templates” link to get sample signature gallery document from Microsoft. You can also download this template directly in Word app. There are beautiful samples available as shown below and you can simply copy paste the signature you like to edit its content.
Now, create a new email and check the default signature is automatically inserted. If you want to manually insert, select “Signature” icon and choose the name of your signature that you want to insert.
2. Creating Email Signature in Outlook Mac App
Follow the below instructions in Outlook Mac app for creating and inserting signatures:
- Open Outlook app and click on “New Message” button.
- Click “Signature” option showing just above the from email address and select “Manage Signatures” option.
- Outlook Mac app provides a default signature with the name as “Standard”. You can either edit the default signature and add your content or create a new one by clicking on the + icon.
- When you click on the + icon, a new pop-up will appear with “Untitled” signature name. change the name and enter your details, make sure to add hyperlink to your website.
- Click the save button and you will see the preview of the created signature with its name.
- In the same way, you can create multiple signatures. However, make sure to set the default signature for new message and replies/forwards.
Now, you can open a new email and check the default signature is already inserted in the body of the email. If you want to change the signature or to insert manually, click on the “Signatures” option and select the name of your signature.
3. Creating Email Signature in Outlook Online
If you are using Outlook online, use the following instructions to create and insert signatures.
- Go to Outlook online website and login with your Microsoft account.
- Click the “Settings” option showing as a gear icon on the top title bar nearer to right corner.
- Click “View all Outlook settings” link showing at bottom of the settings sidebar.
- This will open a pop-up and navigate to “Mail > Compose and reply” section.
- Enter the name for your signature and provide the details in the text box.
- Make sure to select the text and add links for your website and social profiles.
- Click “Save” button to create the signature.
- If required, click on “+ New signature” link and create as many as signatures you want. Make sure to provide unique names for your signatures so that you can easily remember and select the correct one when inserting in the email.
- When you have multiple signatures, you can select the signature name from the dropdown for editing. Also, you can assign the default signatures for new message, replies/forwards below the signature text box.
- Click on “New Message” to create a new email and check the signature is automatically inserted.
- For manually inserting or switching the signature, click on the three dots (more) icon on the top menu and select “Insert signature” option.
- Alternatively, you can click the more icon from the bottom tools section and select “Insert signature” option.