How to Create a Free Weebly Site?
What is Weebly?
Weebly is one of a famous free website builder tool available in the web which offers a wide range of features including option to integrate a blog, forum, store and AdSense account. We recommend using Weebly for building your sites for the following simple reasons:
- Full access to CSS and HTML
- Unlimited pages, free Sitemap and automatic mobile site
- Easy to integrate your social sharing
- Easy integration and approval process for new AdSense publishers
- Integration with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
Creating a free site with Weebly will hardly take few minutes and your site will be instantly available online once published. You also have an option to monetize your site by applying for new AdSense account or integrate your existing AdSense account. Here we explain how to create a free Weebly site in step by step.
Before starting create your free Weebly account here.
How to Create a Free Weebly Site?
- Select the primary language of your site available in lower right corner of Weebly home page before you login.
- Weebly currently offers support in English, French, Spanish, Italy, German, Portuguese, Dutch and Chinese, Japanese Turkish and Russian languages.
- Once you logged in to your Weebly account, select “Add Site” button under “My Sites” tab.
Weebly offers three options for creating a site:
Choose “Site” option to create a free Weebly site.
Selecting Your Site Theme
- Once you clicked on “Site” button, all Weebly themes will be displayed which can be filtered by style and color.
- Weebly offers all the themes for free and there is no special themes available for upgraded Pro users.
- Move the mouse over any theme you like to customize the color option and click on “Choose” button to select that theme.
Choosing Your Site Domain
The next step is to choose a domain name for your site. Domain name is nothing but an URL address for your site which users can access from the web browser. Weebly provides three ways to choose your domain:
- Use subdomain of Weebly for free – In this case your URL will be like “http://<YOUR SITE NAME>.weebly.com“.
- Register a New Name – You can register a new domain with Weebly and use it for your site.
- Connect a Domain You Already Own – In case if you have your own domain and chosen Weebly for free hosting then choose this option and link your domain name by appropriate DNS settings with your domain name registrar.
Select the first option “Use a Subdomain of Weebly.com” and enter your site name. Weebly shows your site name is available or it was already taken.
Save the settings and your free Weebly site is ready now, the next step is to add content to your site and publish it in the web.
Adding Pages to Your Site
Add more pages to your site under Pages tab, you can select suitable page layout for each page in your site. Weebly offers four type of Page Layouts when you create a new page.
- Tall Header Image
- Small Header Image
- No Header Image
- Landing Page
You can add as many as pages to your free site and Weebly does not have any limitation on number pages. You can add a standard page, blog, store, product page or an external link. Learn more about page layout selection.
Weebly Site elements are classified under categories Basic, Structure, Media, Commerce and More. All these are drag and drop elements, you can simply drag and drop into your website content area. Learn more about Weebly site elements.
Weebly Site Settings
Settings tab offers you various options to optimize your site. You can integrate Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools tracking codes in Search Engine Optimization tab under Settings. You can also archive and download your site as .zip file under Archive/Un-publish option. Learn more about Weebly site settings.
Copy and Delete Weebly Site
Weebly also offers you to copy your existing site into new Weebly site. You can select Copy Site under More options and provide the necessary details to copy your existing site. Note you can’t copy a Weebly Blog, you can only copy Weebly site. You can also delete the published Weebly site by selecting the Delete Site option. Learn more site administration options.
Checkout the video presentation on creating a free Weebly site:
Weebly Free Site Restrictions:
- Free Weebly Footer message (Learn how to remove footer from free Weebly Site).
- Favicon not available (Learn how to use Favicon to Weebly free site).
- Video and Audio options are not available.
- Site search box and header slideshow are not available.
Weebly Pro Features
Weebly also offers upgrade plans like Starter, Pro and Business options. The business plan is to upgrade your site to an online store whereas starter and Pro plan offers limited and complete features respectively. Learn more about each Pro feature by clicking on the links below: