Certain movies need to be certainly watched on a big screen. But it is not always possible to go to movie theatre especially when you are outside your native country. Nowadays there are many video sites and apps available for watching latest stuff online. You can simply connect your smaller PC or laptop to the bigger TV screen and watch the movies. This will create good experience especially when you have good sound system and very large TV monitor.
When you connect PC to a TV, it is known as screen mirroring. This is pretty simple if you have latest smart TV having an inbuilt Wi-Fi feature. Otherwise, you have to buy a casting device to connect it. Screen mirroring can be done wirelessly as well as with wiring. It simply depends upon what sort of device you are using.
Note: If you are not sure then find your TV’s model number and search its specifications on the internet.
Connect PC to TV Wirelessly
Nowadays all latest laptops come with inbuilt mirroring or casting feature. If you want to connect it to a desktop, then steps will be the same. The only thing you need to see is whether or not your desktop has Wi-Fi adapter/card installed in it.
Adding a Device
Windows 10 computers have an inbuilt feature for projecting your computer to TV. First of all, make sure the TV has Wi-Fi network switched on and discoverable by all your nearby devices.
- Now open you PC and press ‘Win + I’ keys to open Windows Settings app. You can also open Settings app by searching from the Cortana or Windows search box.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices > Bluetooth & other devices’.
- Click on ‘Add a device or other device’.
- Choose ‘Wireless display or dock’ option.
- Now Windows will start looking for the available devices. When you see the TV, click and add it.
Projecting PC to TV
- Go to the ‘Settings > System > Projecting to this PC’.
- Here, you can change the settings according to your requirements.
- You can choose ‘Available everywhere’ if you are a frequent user of this feature on many devices.
- You can turn ‘On’ the option for PIN for pairing every time. Rename your PC if you want.
- Press ‘Win + P’ keys to open the projecting options.
- You can also click on the ‘Action Center’ and click on the ‘Connect’ button given at the bottom.
- Now, choose on the ‘PC screen only’ option. Then, click on ‘Connect to a wireless display’. Meanwhile, if your TV ask you to accept the connection, then do it.
- It will start looking for the nearby devices or directly show your device right there.
- Click on your device and wait for few seconds and it will be done. Now your PC will start mirroring with the TV wirelessly.
Connect Wirelessly PC to TV using Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device used for casting purposes. If your TV does not have any Wi-Fi feature or casting option, then you need to have this device. Buy it and connect it with your TV. Follow the above steps by turning this device on. After pairing the computer successfully, you can watch the computer screen activities on your TV.