Mac offers different ways to capture the screen using the default Screenshot app. You can use this Screenshot app when writing emails to insert selected section from a website. However, sometimes you may want to share the entire full page screenshot of the webpage as an email attachment to your friends. Here is how you can do that with Safari and Mail apps in Mac.
Send Full Page Website Screenshot in Mail App
- Open Safari browser and open the website that you want to send in the email.
- Press “Command + I” keyboard shortcut or go to “File > Share” menu and select “Email This Page” option.
- This will open a new message screen in Mail app with the entire full page screenshot of the website attached.
- You can type the “To” address and share the email with full page screenshot with your friends.
Editing Full Page Website Screen
Unlike attaching an image screenshot, the above method will insert the website as an editable content.
- You can add or delete the text content in the inserted webpage to focus the content that you want to share and delete remaining portions.
- Use formatting options like “Command + B” or “Command + I” to highlight required portions.
- Press “Shift” key to open hyperlinks in the attached page from the mail.
- Select any portion and right-click on it to find additional options. You can download the linked files, remove styles to make the selected content as plain text, change quote level, cut and paste the section in different place.
Attaching Webpage as PDF
If you do not want to edit the page, it is possible to change the inserted page as PDF attachment. Click on the “Send Web Content As” dropdown and choose “PDF” from the list. It will instantly convert the full page screen to a PDF attachment as shown below.
Alternatively, you can download the webpage as PDF from Safari by going to “File > Export as PDF…” menu. After that you can insert the downloaded PDF page in Mail app by clicking on the “Attach a document to this message” icon showing on top toolbar in new message window.
Note: In iPhone also, you can save a full webpage screenshot from Safari app as a PDF and share with others.