Once upon a time Google paid their AdSense publishers only through bank check. The check was issued only under the name of the AdSense account holder. This was really a hassle for the publishers to receive the money in their account and then transfer the desired account. Later Google changed the payment process and allowed publishers to receive payment on anyone’s name through EFT or wire transfer. This makes easy for site owners to nominate their friend or relative to receive the money in their bank account.
In addition, you can add multiple bank accounts and switch the primary payment account with single click from your AdSense account. This can help you to get the payment in different bank accounts owned by different people. In this article we will explain how Indian publishers can add EFT or wire transfer payment method in Google AdSense.
Setting Threshold and Payout Schedule
General AdSense payment threshold is $100 and Google will send the payment by 21st to 26th of every month. Though you can’t change the payment schedule, you should be able to set threshold higher than $100 and schedule your payment in future date not later than one year.
- Login to your AdSense account and navigate to “Payments” section.
- Click on the “Manage Settings” card and then click on the “Payment schedule” option.
- You will see the options like below where you can setup the threshold limit and the schedule the payout date.
How to Add Wire Transfer Payment Method in Google AdSense?
After reaching payment threshold, you will see a warning message in your account. It will indicate that your payment is on hold and you should update the payment method. Unfortunately, Google does not allow PayPal or any other online payments. You will have a wire transfer method that needs your bank account in India.
- Navigate to “Payments” section page.
- Click on the “Add Payment Method” link under “How you get paid” box.
If you already added any payment methods then you will see “Manage Payment Methods” option instead of “Add Payment Method”.
Click on the “Manage Payment Methods” to view all previously added accounts and then click “Add Payment Method” to add a new bank account.
This will open the wire transfer payment section where you can add your bank details.
Adding Indian Bank Details
Remember as an Indian publisher, you should only able to add Indian bank account. There is no possibility to change the country of your AdSense account. AdSense accepts any bank account from ICICI Bank, HDFC, SBI, Axis Bank, etc. that has international wire transfer facility. You should enter the following details to link the bank account to your AdSense account.
- Name on bank account – enter your name as per the bank record.
- Bank name – enter the full name of your bank like ICICI Bank.
- IFSC code – this is for Indian publishers to enter 11 character Indian Financial System Code. Each bank branch in India will have one IFSC code which you can find from account details. For example, IFSC code for ICICI Bank should look like ICIC000xxxx and for SBI it should look like SBIN000xxxx.
- SWIFT BIC – this is a 8 or 11 digits Business Identifier Code (BIC) for transferring money from overseas (SWIFT stands for Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication). Note that all bank branches will not have SWIFT code. Generally, a bank in India will have few SWIFT codes for main branches. These branches will receive the money from overseas and then transfer to your account.
- Enter account number and re-type it again. For example, the SWIFT code for ICICI Bank is ICICINBBNRI regardless of the location of your savings bank account branch.
- You can choose the bank account as your primary payment method by checking the “Set as primary payment method” box.
Only the above mentioned information is sufficient to get your payment. Ensure to fill the correct details. If you are in doubt, get in touch with your bank to get the details. Click on the “Save” button to save all the entered details. Remember, you may see different information on the form based on your country. The above details are valid for only Indian AdSense publisher accounts.
Make the Payment Method Primary
You can add multiple bank accounts as payment methods in Google AdSense account. All the added accounts will be shown under “Manage Payment Methods” section. Ensure to choose at least one account as “Primary” account for receiving that month payment. Google will wire transfer the payment to your primary bank account. You can change the payment method before 20th of the month to be effective for that month payment.
When you have multiple bank accounts, you will see a “Remove” button on all payment methods except the primary account. You can simply click on “Remove” to delete the account.
Updating the Payment Details
In order to protect your privacy and safety, Google does not allow viewing or modifying the entered bank account details. Once saved, you can’t modify the bank account. what you can do is to add a new payment method and make it as primary. This will allow you to delete the old bank account added previously. At any case, enter the correct details and take the screenshot of the form if required.
You may notice the “Edit” button on the payment method. However, clicking on that will show you the below details only allowing you to change your name.
Confirmation Over Email
Google will send you a confirmation email like below once the primary payment method is successfully added in your AdSense account.
This will help you to ensure the safety, in case someone changes the payment method.
As explained, adding wire transfer payment is very easy in AdSense by entering correct bank details. However, anyone having access to your Google account can receive the payment by entering their bank details. Therefore, we recommend using strong password and avoid sharing your Gmail account details with others. Also, check for the payment method change email on your inbox. If you received email without making any changes, immediately login to your account and change the settings. You should also change the password for your Google account to protect your AdSense payment method change.