For some reasons, there are moments when you need to keep tabs with time in different time zones. It could be your employer, relatives or friends live abroad or maybe you are tracking a sports event or a happening abroad. If that is the case, nothing can be more helpful than having multiple clocks for different time zones. Having to adjust your watch or convert the time manually can be quite hectic. This post will take you through the steps of adding clocks with different time zones.
Adding Multiple Time Zones Clock in Windows 10
Windows 10 allows you to simply add and display up to three clocks for three different regions.
Accessing Windows 10 Time Zone Settings
- Click the Windows Start button located at the lower-left edge of your screen and then click on the gear icon.
- Or type “Settings” in the Cortana (Windows search box) and click “Settings” from the results to open the settings app.
- Pick “Time & Language” option by clicking on it. This will open the “Date and time” settings.
- On the right side of the window, click the link “Add clocks for different time zones”. It is under “Related settings” heading.
- You can also reach the date and time settings from the taskbar. Right-click the clock on your Windows taskbar and click “Adjust date/time” to open the time settings panel.
- Go down the page and select “Add clocks for different time zones” link below the “Related settings” section.
Adding Additional Clocks
- A pop-up window will appear. On the “Additional Clocks” tab, tick the “Show this clock” checkbox to activate “Clock 1”
- Pick your preferred time zone by clicking to expand the drop-down list below “Select time zone:” and enter the display name for the clock.
- Repeat the above 2 steps to add the second clock and when done click “Apply” and then “Ok” button at the bottom of the pop-up window to execute the changes.
Viewing Multiple Clocks
- Float the mouse over the clock on the Windows taskbar (this displays your local time zone) located at the right edge of the taskbar.
- Click the clock on the taskbar. This will slide up a panel on the right side of your display with the three clocks at the top of the panel along with the calendar.
However, Windows 10 limits you to adding only three clocks, but you can still add more time zone clocks.
Adding Clocks with the “Alarms & clock” App
- Click the Windows Start menu on the taskbar or press the Windows Start key on your keyboard to expand the Start menu. Select “Alarms and Clock” from the menu to open the app. Alternatively type “Alarms” in the Windows Cortana and click on “Alarms & Clock” from the result.
- Go to the “World Clock” tab and click the “+” (plus sign) located at the lower right side of the window.
- A search box will appear at the top, prompting you to enter a location. Enter the location for which time zone you want to add. For instance, the name of a city, say London and then click the location from in the list to add the clock.
- Repeat the same (step above) to add more clocks. The clocks will be pinned to the map.
Pin Clocks for Quick Access
The challenge with the above option is that you need to open the application to view the various clock, but there is a solution for that. You can pin the clocks to Start for quick access.
- To do so, right-click the clock on the map and select “Pin to Start” and then confirm you want to pin the tile to Start by clicking “Yes” when prompted.
- To view the multiple clocks, click the Windows Start Menu button or press the “Win” key from the keyboard.
Add Multiple Time Zone Clocks in Mac
By default Mac will show the time on the top menu bar. You can customize the settings in “Apple Menu > System Preferences > Date & Time”. You can do basic things like changing the format and including date in the display. However we don’t see any possibility of including different time zone clocks on the menu bar.
Adding Multiple Time Zone Clocks in Notification Center
Though you can’t add multiple clocks on the menu bar, it is possible to add different clocks under notification center.
- Click on the three lines icon on top right corner of your Mac and go to “Today” tab. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the “Edit” button.
- You will see two panels, click on the + button against “World Clocks” widget on the right “items” panel.
- It will add the click widget under “Today” tab. Click on “Add” button to add new clock.
- Type the city and select it from the list. For example, type “new york” to filter the city from the list.
- You will see the widget is added with a new clock of the New York city’s time. Add all city’s clocks and click “Done” to finish the activity.
- Any point of time, hover over the widget and click on the info icon. It will allow you to delete or add new clocks. Though you can add multiple time zone clocks to the notification center, it will show six clocks on default view. Click on the “Show more” option to view additional clocks.