It is a common practice among webmasters to manage a big site with more than one editor. When a site grows in size it is difficult for the site owner to handle the complete site. Hence, site owner needs an option to have more site editors with the controlled access. This will help multiple editors to manage different workflow and and work together.
Table of Contents
Weebly Multiple Editors Function
Weebly offers a perfect solution to manage multiple editors for each single site under your account. This option is available for both free and premium users. Free users have a limited editor permission option whereas premium users have enhanced options to control the site management more effectively.
Weebly “Editors” function is useful in many situations like below:
- Developers and third party companies can login to their client’s site using editors permissions and troubleshoot. For example, you can log into client site and install a theme or add an app from App Store.
- Multiple editors can log into the same site for editing or adding content.
How to Add Multiple Editors in Weebly Site?
In order to use this feature, you have to first invite the editor from your Weebly account. After editor accepting the invite, he or she can access only the site you gave permission (not other sites on your account). You can anytime add more editors or delete them to revoke the access.
After logging into your Weebly account, edit the site you want to add an editor. Navigate to “Settings > Editors” section under and click on the “Add Editor” button to provide access to anyone you want.
On the next screen, enter the email id of the editor and enter a short message for the invitation to be sent. The important part is to provide the necessary permissions to the new editor.
Weebly Editor Permissions
There are three type of permissions available in Weebly for additional editors:
- Admin – this is administrator access and the editor will have complete access to the site similar to you. This is the only permission option available for free account holders.
- Author – this is a Weebly pro option and the editor can only edit particular pages on your site.
- Dashboard Only – this is also a pro option that the editor can manage the dashboard to view stats, form submissions and comments.
Note: Weebly free and starter plan users have only admin option. Pro, business and business plus (or performance) plan users can offer all three types of access – admin, author or dashboard only.
After providing details, click on “Save Editor” button. This will trigger an invitation to the entered email id along with the message content. You can also view the invitation along with the status of last login of the invitee.
The invitee after accepting the invite will see your site on his or her dashboard. If the invitee does not have Weebly account, he or she need to create a new account through your invitation. The new account will have your site in the dashboard along with an option to create additional site on his / her own purpose.
At any point of time you can delete the editor without any preconditions. Since Weebly does not show author details on a blog page, you can just delete the editor without the need of transferring articles to another author.