Writing your name at the end every email can be a bit annoying, not to talk of time wasting. As such, most email clients have a signature option to automatically add whatever you want at the end of the message. Needless to say that Apple’s Mail app client is no different.
So, how can you set up the email signature on your macOS devices, you wonder? Well, you’re about to find out. If you haven’t add your email yet, first you need to add your email in Mail app.
How to Add Email Signature on Your Mac?
- Add signature for email account.
- Using multiple email signatures
- Add image in signature
- Select email signature in preference
- Choose signature when composing email
- Other customizing options
- Signature for iCloud
- Using HTML templates for signatures
1. Adding Signature to Email Accounts
Follow the steps outlined below to setup email signature on your Mac.
- First, launch the mail app from your Dock or Launchpad.
- Click on the Mail option at the menu bar and access the app “Preferences…” section. A small multi-tab window that allows you to change the email client settings should pop up.
- Click the “Signature” tab at the top of the page. You will see three columns and select your preferred email account from the first column.
- Next, click the + icon to add a new signature. Enter the name for your signature in the second column.
- Type the new signature on the third column.
- And if you want to remove any email signature from the list, just select the signature and click the – icon.
2. Using Multiple Email Signature
Mail app allows you to have multiple signature for single email account. You can create different signatures under “On My Mac” section and drag and drop the signature to required email account in the list. Alternatively, you can directly create new signatures for individual email account by selecting the email and click on + icon.
3. Using Image Signature
The email client on Mac is more flexible than the iPhone’s. As a result, not only you can add multiple text signatures, but you can also use images. To do this, just drag and drop the image into the signature box. But don’t forget to resize the picture before adding to the box. You can also do markup inside the signature box.
4. Choosing Email Signature in Preferences
On the Mail preferences section, you can setup a default signature for each email account. You have the following options when clicking on “Choose Signature” dropdown:
- None – no signature.
- Select specific signature for default option.
- At Random – Mail app will randomly choose the signature from the available options.
- In Sequential Order – Mail app will sequentially select your signature from the available signatures when you create, reply or forward emails.
5. Choose Signature in Emails
You can also choose the signature when you create a new email or when you are replying and forwarding. Go back to you Mail app and click on “Compose new message” icon. Alternatively, go to “File > New Message” menu or press “Command + N” to open a new message.
Here you can choose the signature from the dropdown and set the image size of the signature if you use image file in the signature.
6. Other Signature Options
Mac allows you to keep the font type of the signature as same as your email font. Also ensure to check “Place signature above quoted text” to add the signature above the previous text when replying or forwarding emails.
Mail app will automatically add signature when you are creating a new email, replying or forwarding a received email.
7. Signature for iCloud
When you are using iCloud Drive, select “iCloud” option and setup email signature as explained above. This signature will be available on other Mac devices when you use the same iCloud account.
8. How to Use HTML Signature?
Well, text and images are long gone. Now you need to add social icons and other HTML stuffs on the signature to identify yourself. There are no options in Mail app to insert HTML template signatures.
You need use third party apps for this purpose. Go to App Store on your Mac and search for “html mail signature” apps. You will find few premium apps depending upon your App Store country. Purchase an app and create templates as you need. Remember, you need to design HTML template on your own. The app will only allow you to add signature file in the Mail app library. The design and look of the signature is completely depends on your HTML code.
The other option is to subscribe to apps outside App Store like WiseStamp. It offers variety of email signature templates to choose and customize. However, you need to subscribe on monthly basis to use the app.
To Wrap Up
Setting up an email signature on your Mac offers a lot of benefits. From sharing a link to your website to adding a logo to promote your brand, this simple feature gives your messages a little personality.
So add your name, link, signature, or picture to your email today. You just have to create it once and use it for as long as you want.
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.