Google AdSense is one of the popular monetization options for new bloggers. Many publishers quit trying with AdSense either after rejection from Google or not able to make decent earnings after approval. Here are some useful tips for publishers. Following these tips not only help you to get easy approval but also maximize your online revenue from AdSense ads. In addition, you can avoid being banned for life time by Google.
Google AdSense Tips
We grouped all the tips into two categories:
- Tips for those who want to apply for a new AdSense account.
- Google AdSense tips for newly approved publishers.
Tips for Applying New AdSense Account
If you are planning to apply for a new AdSense account, make sure to check out the following tips.
- Read AdSense Policies and Terms & Conditions patiently and understand them before applying for AdSense account.
- Avoid using revenue sharing sites and apply on your own after owning your site for more than 6 months time.
- It is better to have your own top level domain or use Blogger to create your sites.
- If you don’t have a site try YouTube channel monetizing option for your videos.
- Check your primary site language is supported by AdSense.
- Verify your site with Google Webmaster Tools to inform Google that you are the owner of the site displaying ads.
- Spend time and effort on your site to attract traffic before applying for AdSense or any advertising programs for that matter.
Tips for Applying After Rejection
Applying in a hurry will result in rejection from Google. However, you do not worry much about rejection and work harder before applying again.
- Once rejected spend some time to analyze the reason for rejection and rectify your mistakes before applying for next time.
- Avoid applying instantly after rejection and leave a gap of at least few months.
- Check AdSense rejection letters to understand why the sites are being rejected by Google in general.
- Don’t rely on those fake advertisements offering AdSense account for payment.
Tips for Existing AdSense Publishers
Many publishers feel relaxed after getting approval from Google. However, you have to follow some guidelines in order to keep your AdSense account in good status.
- You can display the same ad codes on any approved sites binding to AdSense policies. You should apply for approval for each site through your account.
- Avoid viewing your own sites with the intention of increasing ad impressions.
- Do not click on your own ads. You can click on the link unit ads without clicking on the links on resulting page. However, you do not need to worry about this as Google already retired link unit ads from Mar 2021.
- Avoid encouraging visitors to click on the ads by placing it nearer to images, bright call to action boxes, attractive contents like flash images or other banners.
- Using click-bots and proxies will result in banning your account for life-time. Google is much more smarter than what you think in detecting invalid clicks.
- Avoid using rotators to increase the page impressions.
- Do not display ads in copy righted content and URLs containing trademarks.
- Display your ads as recommended in the AdSense implementation guide according to your site layout.
- Avoid using social media traffic to your pages displaying AdSense ads. Google understands multiple clicks from social media site as intentional clicks from your friends. Sometimes you will also see your earnings detected at the end of month due to such social traffic.
- Use appropriate ad size and types for your site. For example, 336×280 large rectangle ad displayed in a two column layout beside your content attract more clicks. However, you can completely rely on responsive or auto ads to stop worrying about the size.
- You can use words like “Sponsored Links” and “Advertisements” above or below AdSense ads.
- Use Google Analytics to monitor your ad and page performance. You can link AdSense and Analytics accounts to track publisher earning from Analytics account.
- Ensure to add ads.txt file in your site’s root directory to avoid loosing revenue.
- Submit tax info if required to avoid Google deducting withholding tax from your earnings.
- Understand which pages attract more users and pay more concentration on the ads displayed on those pages. You can also improve the keywords in other pages to attract more users.
- Display less number of ads and search boxes in one page (even though Google removed the earlier limits of maximum 3 content ads, 3 link units and 2 search boxes).
- Add and authorize sites displaying your ads in your AdSense account to avoid someone misuse your publisher id.
- Follow official AdSense blog regularly to get timely updates.
- Choose or block the advertisers suitable to your site from your AdSense account.
- Immediately stop displaying ads if you note suspicious activities in your site or got warning letter from AdSense team.
- Do not get panic when Google sends policy violation. Follow the instructions from the “Policy Center” section of your account to understand the reason. After applying necessary changes, you can apply for review or the violation will be removed automatically in certain cases like crawl errors.
- Post your queries on reliable AdSense forums and get it clarified instantly.
When you rely on AdSense to live your daily life, it makes sense to take care of your site properly. We hope the above tips can help you to get approval or retain your account in good condition.