There are many ways to track the visitors traffic to your website. Complex tools like Google Analytics provides end to end tracking mechanism by installing the code on your site’s pages. But the problem is most of the analytics tools including Google Analytics don’t offer the widget to showcase the number of visitors viewed that page. If you are interested in showing number of visitors country wise on your site then here is a free flag counter solution from us. Below is how the flag counter widget will look like and you can customize the number of flags, columns, colors, etc.
Features of Flag Counter Widget
Unlike other analytics tools which will add script and slowdown your site, flag counter is a simple image that can be embedded on any webpage.
- Customize number of columns and maximum flags to be shown on the widget.
- Choose the color for the background, text and border.
- Show or hide country labels for the flags.
- Choose the flag size from small, medium and large.
- Show or hide the total page views count.
- Easy to add the image code any where on a page, which essentially means you do not need to access header or footer section. You can just paste the HTML code inside the content anywhere you want to show the widget.
- Free dashboard access to view the complete statistics of the visitors traffic like today’s traffic, yesterday’s traffic and overall traffic details.
How to Create Flag Counter Widget for Your Site?
We have create a separate site for getting your free widget, navigate to our free flag counter widget site. Scroll down to the “Create Your Flag Counter Instantly” section and customize the parameters as shown below:
Enter the captcha code and click on the “Preview” button the see the instant preview like below:
If you don’t like the preview you can change the settings by clicking on “Customize again!” button. If you are happy with the widget preview then click on the “Get your Flag Counter” button. You will be taken to the widget code page which has three sections.
1. Grab Your Widget Code
There are three type of widget code we offer – HTML code for your site and blog, BBCode for forums and communities and the direct image link. For a normal website or blog like WordPress and Weebly, copy the HTML code and insert on the page you want to track.
Note: On Weebly, Wix and other platforms use “Embed Code” element to insert the HTML code on your page content or footer area. On WordPress site switch to “Text” mode in the editor, paste the HTML code and publish your page.
2. Preview Your Flag Counter
Here you can preview the look of your flag counter.
3. Other Info
Here you can find the link to view the detailed traffic statistics of the visitors and the link / password to customize your flag counter again. Note down the link and password so that you can modify the widget later using those details. You can also send the details to your email by clicking on the “Send this information as an email” button so that you can refer it anytime later.
When you change any parameters, the counter on your site will automatically will get updated, you don’t need to paste the code again.
The free flag counter widget allows you to get exhaustive details about the visitors viewing your site.
- Overview – under this section you can view last user’s country, top 5 browser, OS and country details. Also you can view the visitors geographical locations on a map along with unique visitors and page views.
- Live Traffic – here you can check the live visitors on your site in realtime.
- Today – this section shows the visitors viewed your site today in a map and table views. You can find the country, browser, OS platform and the visited time details easily.
- Yesterday – under this tab view the traffic stats of yesterday in map and table views.
- Last 30 Days – view the traffic stats for last 30 days under this tab with map and table views.
- Details – view the complete traffic details of the traffic in a table view.
Warning on Inappropriate Use: Remember, this is a tool offered for small scale websites. Therefore, we request you to use the flag counter widget only on appropriate and personal websites. We reserve full rights to delete your flags and data if used on illegal and pornography sites.