A decade back it was to apply and get approval for Google AdSense program. However, nowadays Google AdSense became the darling of publishers and the approval also become stringent. The task will not be over if you got the approval after difficulties. You have to continue monitoring and adjust the placements to increase the revenue. Fortunately, Google also puts lot of efforts to earn more AdSense revenue for publishers
Table of Contents
Why Try AdSense?
If you are hesitating to use AdSense due to the impact on site speed, here are some reasons you should try today.
1. AdSense Shows Highest Bid Ad
Google acts like a middleman between advertisers and publishers to make sure both are mutually benefitted. In this regard, Google displays relevant ads for CPC (cost-per-click) and CPM (cost per thousand impressions) on your web pages. This happens through a bidding auction which helps to show the highest bidder ads on your site.
The ad script on the page will send ad requests to the nearest Google server. Based on the received request Google server will start the bidding auction and get highest bidder’s ad asynchronously. Users on your site will see the text or image ad that will generate maximum revenue for the ad request. In this way, you can earn more AdSense revenue from each ad request sent from your sites.
You can use Google Search Console and Google Analytics to monitor the revenue by geographical locations. Using these tools, you can target your traffic from where you get more visitors. It is also possible to monitor based on the search queries leading visitors to your site, operating system, browser used to view your site and device used like Desktop, Tablet or Mobile.
2. Earn More with Search Box
In addition to content monetization by showing display ads, Google AdSense also allows you to show custom Google search box on your site. This will help you to show advertisements on the search result pages similar to Google Search and monetize searches on your site. In addition to earning money placing a search box will also help you to retain users on your site for longer time.
Earlier you have to create custom Google Search box, now you can do this within in your AdSense account. Learn how to add custom Google Search Box to your site. AdSense for search offers you the following:
- Choose the site to search – You have an option to choose your site, a collection of sites you own or the entire web.
- You can also prioritize and restrict searches to specific sections of sites.
- Customize the look and feel of your search box by choosing the colors and location of the ads
- The option to host the results on your site or have Google host them for you.
- Monetizing search results pages with targeted ads.
2.1. How Google Targets ads for Search Queries?
When using AdSense for Search, you can setup a custom search page on your website and use Google search function to return search results. The results will be similar to those you see on Google.com website. Google uses the same algorithm, which takes words and phrases included in the query and matches them to relevant ad campaigns. In this way, you can get similar revenue like Google by using search box on your site.
3. Tips for More AdSense Revenue
Even Google AdSense is the one of the highest paying programs for webmasters, the sole responsibility of making use of it lies with publisher’s hand. You need not own a site with millions of daily page views to earn handsome money from AdSense. Generally optimizing your site for better user and search engine experience is more than sufficient to attract and retain nominal traffic for earning handsome money from AdSense.
3.1. Generic Tips:
- Do it yourself – it may take sometime but the yield will be big at the end.
- Not try any cheap tricks, after all its for money and be honest to yourself.
- Do not expect huge income with few days of effort, it may take a year for you to create a site of 200 pages on your own and bring enough traffic. Therefore, revenue will also grow slowly based on your traffic level.
- Do not copy other people’s content, this will not help you in long run or you will be banned for life time.
3.2. Specific Tips:
- It is a good idea to focus on niche content instead of writing generic topics. Try to engage your readers by offering services like comments, contact forms, online chats, RSS, etc.
- Make sure to place the ad codes on appropriate places on your web pages.
- Optimize your site for Search Engines and do not try free traffic exchanges.
4. CPC and CPM
AdSense helps you to earn money in two different methods – cost per click (CPC) or cost per 1000 impressions (CPM). While display ads can pay you either CPC or CPM rate, search box results will only show CPC ads. Therefore, you can combine these two products to maximize your earnings. However, Google will deduct 32% revenue sharing for content ads and 49% for search result ads. This means you will get 68% revenue with content ads and 51% with search result ads.
With more and more people using internet, Google’s revenue is growing high from the advertisement earnings. This will also help you to get big portion through your blog or site.
5. Use Auto Ads
Google’s AI based auto ads are boon to new publishers. You can simply insert a piece of script on your site and forget all other stuff. Google will take care of number of ads, best placement and earn you more. In addition to having customized display ads, there are new ad formats like vignette, anchor and matched content recommendations available with auto ads. This will help you monetize each section of your website.
Compared to the effort required for affiliate marketing and direct selling, you can rely on Google AdSense to make your life’s earnings. Though the revenue may be low at the start, it will grow when you start getting good traffic to your site.