Review of Brackets Code Editor
What is Brackets?
How to Install Brackets?
Features of Brackets Code Editor
Brackets is an intelligent text editor that will detect the start and end tags within your HTML. It will help you to understand where the tag opens and where it ends. You can easily minimize the sections and focus on the section you want to work. The below demo shows how easy it is to create code on Brackets editor:
Important features of brackets include the following:
- Automatic styling and syntax highlighting to show code in different colors.
- You can access the most recent files from the left hand working files panel.
- When you enter the opening tag the list of possible options will appear in the drop-down for selection.
- The closing tag is automatically added when you complete the opening tag.
- Click on any tag to see the corresponding opening or closing tag. This will be very useful when you have lengthier code and trying to find the code blocks.
- You can contract or expand the code blocks to focus on editing portion.
- It is easy to use relative links and connect all files in a project folder when using “href” and other attributes.
- Automatic closing quotation helps to avoid mistakes of forgetting closing quotes.
- Click on the tag or CSS selector and press “command + E” in Mac or “Control + E” in Windows to get all the rules used for that id.
- Shows all possible predictions when the CSS code is entered which helps to choose the correct syntax and value.
- All color values will appear in the drop-down for selection as well as shown on mouse hover.
- Live preview option allows you to see the output on a Google Chrome browser instantly. At this moment it only works on desktop version of Google Chrome and not supported on other browsers.
- You can split the window horizontally or vertically and work on multiple files at the same time.
Extensions for Brackets
Besides the core editing features, Brackets has many useful extensions and here are some of the popular extensions:
- Extract for Brackets – this is used to extract CSS from the PSS file.
- W3C Validation – validates the code as per W3C standards.
- Git – integration of Git and Brackets.
Extensions can be installed using built-in extension manager under “File > Extension Manager” menu.
Brackets Code Editor Review Free
Product Name: Brackets
Product Description: Brackets is one of the easies and popular code editor for bloggers to create webpages from the scratch.
Brackets is one of the easiest and powerful editor we can recommend for developers and designers. You can work on projects and look at the live preview with Google Chrome.
Ease of Use
Speed and Memory
- Syntax highlighting
- Live preview and quick edit tools
- Free and open source
- Handful of extensions
- Though Adobe claims it is lightweight, Brackets will occupy considerable memory space which will affect the working of other applications.