Bing Ads is a good alternative online advertising option for Google AdWords. AdCenter ads can be displayed in both Bing and Yahoo search networks thus attracting variety of users from various countries. With the increasing market share in search engine space advertising through adCenter undoubtedly will attract more users to your site.
How to Get Start with Microsoft adCenter?
It is very easy to start your advertising campaign with Bing Ads. Login to your Bing Ads account and follow the basic steps:
1. Click on the Campaigns Tab and then click “Create Campaign”.
2. Provide details like Campaign Name, Time zone, Daily budget, Language and Location.
3. Create and preview your ad.
4. Choose your keywords and save your Campaign.
You can create multiple ad groups under same or different campaigns. Under Campaigns tab select ad groups and then click create ad group.
Once you saved your ad group, you can see your ad group under campaigns tab and edit start and end dates for your ads and bids for search and content.
Click on your ad group name and then the settings tab to edit your ad distribution. Here you can select whether you want to display your ads only in Bing and Yahoo search network or syndicated partners search also. You can set your start and end dates for your ads here.
Bid and Targeting Settings
You can bid your ad for Search or Content or both networks.
Add Your Business Location
If you have a business location to be shown in your ads, then under campaign tab select your account and add business location by clicking the link “Manage your business locations”. You can also setup this during campaign creation.
Billing is simple process in adCenter; unlike AdWords here you can pay through your PayPal. Just add your PayPal id under Accounts & Billing tab > Payment Methods > Add PayPal. Learn more Bing ads payment methods.
Microsoft AdCenter Tools
Click the Tools link nearer to the top right. AdCenter offers various tools to analyze and optimize your ads.
Under Reports tab you can see the reporting options for your ad performance. You can generate graphical reports for various parameters like impression, clicks, amount spend, average CPC, CTR and average position.
Microsoft adCenter Desktop
Download Microsoft adCenter desktop tool and manage your search campaigns from your desktop. This helps you to save time and improve the performance of your campaigns, whether you’re online or offline. You can do changes offline and then sync it online by uploading your revisions with one click.
Bing Ads New Interface
Microsoft adCenter is now known as Bing Ads and here is the update on what’s new with Bing Ads new interface. There are no major changes other than few consolidations and a new beta option for importing your campaign from Google AdWords. Here is an overview of the new interface of Bing Ads:
- Under Accounts & Billing section the information under accounts, company information and agencies tabs are combined into a new tab details. You can add your coupon code in this section.
- You can also enter the coupon code under payment methods and check the amount spent in your coupon code.
- You can now verify your promo codes in the billing section under Accounts & Billing tab.
- You can also have an option to switch to old version.
Advanced Location Options
Now you can show up your ads worldwide to the people who want to do business in your location or only to the locations you selected.
Import from Google AdWords
Microsoft introduced a beta version of importing your ad campaigns from Google to Bing Ads.
How to Delete Bing Ads Account and Reactivate Again?
Deleting your Bing Ads account is a bit confusing task with the change in new Bing Ads interface. Because there is no option for deleting your Bing ads account in the new interface and you need to switch to old version for deleting your account.
Here is the step by step process of how to delete Bing Ads account and reactivate again when required:
- Login to your Bing Ads account.
- Go to Accounts & Billing tab.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Then click on the “Switch to old version” link as shown in the picture.
- You will be switched to the old version of Bing Ads adCenter.
- Select the account number you want to delete.
- Click on the delete button as shown in the below picture.
- You will get a popup asking for the confirmation.
- Click OK button to confirm and your account will be deleted.
Reactivate Your Deleted Bing Ads Account
- You need to contact Bing Ads support team in order to reactivate your deleted Bing Ads account.
- Support team will check your payment history, other credentials and reactivate your account again if everything is fine.