Are you banned from Google AdSense for any reason? No need to worry about that, various AdSense alternatives for publishers are available on the internet. You can apply for any program discussed below and continue monetizing your online content. Most of the programs are in some way better than AdSense, for example Payment is simple and hassle free through PayPal unlike the Payment processing through checks in AdSense for most of the countries.
Related: 7 reasons why Google rejects your AdSense application.
Why Consider Other Ads Networks?
Even if you are not banned from AdSense, it is a wise idea to widen your online income from various sources instead of only relying on AdSense. More over you can also combine any of these additional programs in your website along with AdSense ads to increase your revenue multifold. The only rule is that the other ads should not look like AdSense ads. For example you can combine Infolinks inline ads in your content along with AdSense ads. It is one of the best AdSense combinations for high revenue. But you should deactivate Related Tag ads in Infolinks which is similar to AdSense Link units Ads.
There are many AdSense alternatives available for publishers and in each category there are plenty of opportunities to make money. Below are the most popular AdSense Alternative Programs in terms of usage and Payment processing.
1. Contextual Ads
- Bidvertiser: Use BidVertiser to display ads on your website or blog and earn money for every click. However, Bidvertiser has limited ad pool with rotation of same ads. The minimum payout is $10 and you can payment through PayPal account.
- Clicksor: One of the best Google AdSense alternative program offers webmasters to display contextual ads on their website. More than 10 ad formats are available including Inline Text Links, Text banners, Graphical banners and Pop-unders ads. Clicksor shares up to 85% of the advertiser’s payment with publishers and 10% commission on referral program. Minimum Payment Amount is $50 through PayPal or Check and very prompt with payments. However, they do have some joining restriction like 5,000 page views per day or 150000 page views per month.
2. Inline Ads
- InfoLinks: In-Text advertising network displays ads for the keywords which are part of you content. After implementing Infolinks, it will highlight the keywords in your content and double underline them. An ad link will pop-up when user moves the mouse over the keyword and you earn revenue every time a user clicks on ad link.
This is great for generating additional revenue source without compromising on your ad space and they also share high revenue with publishers. It also offers in-search, in-tag and in-frame ads in addition to in-text ads.
Inline advertising is also provided by Ad Networks like Clicksor and Kontera.
3. Ad Widgets
- Chitika: The creator of the very popular eMini Malls, Chitika was the first true alternative to Google AdSense. Now they sell a new innovative ad product “Search Targeted Advertising” which basically help you monetize your search engine traffic without displacing your other ad incomes. Chitika replaced Yahoo! Publisher Network advertising after a partnership with Yahoo!
4. CPM Networks
- Value Click Media: One of the best CPM network with the highest payouts. This is a NASDAQ listed company with the symbol VCLK making it more reliable for the publishers. Offers various ad formats including banners and pop-under ads.
- Voxant Newsroom: One of the most productive CPM ad network. You can earn $0.50 CPM for auto playing video feeds and $3.50 for other video feeds. You can embed the video feeds easily to retain visitors on your site. Voxant pays publishers through Paypal with no minimum cap for a particular month. The disadvantage is that the program considers only U.S. traffic, hence it is more suitable for publishers in U.S.
- Tribal Fusion: One of the top CPM advertising network with minimum payout of $50 through Check. However, only sites with a minimum of 500,000 unique visitors per month are eligible for application.
5. Paid Blogging
- Pay Per Post: A paid blogging network that pays for reviewing an advertiser’s products and services. One can earn an average of $ 10 for each paid review and $20 for the first opportunity after sign up. A publisher’s blog needs to be at least one month old.
- Sponsored Reviews: An online marketplace where publishers can bid for writing a review for an opportunity. Great transparency and 65% payouts.
- Review Me: A marketplace much suited for bigger blogger having a good capacity in content reviewing. Basically your site will be added in the marketplace once approved and advertisers will pay you to post reviews of their products on your site. There is no minimum payment for PayPal.
6. Affiliate Networks
- Click Bank: Largest affiliate marketplace for digital products. It shares up to 75% of affiliate on product selling.
- Amazon: Another popular affiliate service for almost all kind of products.
There are also numerous products offer affiliate marketing opportunities for online publishers. Some of the best examples include web hosting and VPN companies.
7. Static Link Ads
- Text Link Ads: This is one of the largest text link services offer static html link advertisements. The advantage of static link ads is that the advertiser will not only get the targeted traffic but also get high search engine ranking since their links will be more popular from text link ads. Here you can sell simple, relevant text ads on your website and get it paid through PayPal with no minimum.
The real problem with Text Link Ads is that they provide PHP ad code hence you need to modify your root directory if you are using .html pages. If you are using shared hosting services then you may need to request the hosting provider to modify the root directory which is not feasible with many of the service providers.
8. Other Advertising Networks
- Advertise Your Game (AYG): Best suited for entertainment niche sites. Display Gaming Ads and pay on a CPC basis. One of the better preforming Ad Networks on our gaming and video sites.
- CPMStar: Online advertising network devoted to gamers. Works best on entertainment niche sites like videos, photos and other themes. Some time back they were an exclusive network, but now they are more open to accept smaller publishers.
- Adversal: Popup advertising network paying upto $ 1.20 eCPM.
- InfinityAds: Offers Pop-Under and Pop-Up ads and pay you for every thousand impressions of ads displayed on your website or blog. The advantage of this ad network is that every type of sites are allowed and sites are automatically approved once you submitted. The average payment rate according to their website is $1.80 per thousand impressions and the minimum payout is $5 through PayPal, Check or Wired Transfer.
AdBrite which was considered as one of the best AdSense alternative closed its website and ceases operation. This clearly indicates site owners should not rely on sole advertising income from one source.
Marketplaces are one of the best alternatives for Google AdSense in our opinion. This works similar to AdSense and you have to insert the ad code after getting approval from them. However, the difference is that the marketplace agency will get approval from advertisers for your site. With the programmatic advertising, you can earn much more than Google AdSense. The popular marketplaces include BuySellAds, and Media.net. They use header bidding, ad refresh technology, ad blocker detection and sticky ads to make more money for your content.
Gone are the days, online publishers need to rely on Google for content monetization. Nowadays, there are many alternatives available in variety of formats to choose. Therefore, do not worry if you are banned from Google AdSense, apply for another program and continue to make money online.
I need a system that allows me to sell my own banner space to vendors of my choice. Kind of like Adsense but I run everything and collect the revenue also. Any suggestions?