Alt Code Shortcuts for Recycling Symbols
Recycle symbol is popular on the trash bin or dustbins available on the road side and in companies. Different recycling symbols are used to indicate the disposal method applicable for different material. You can insert many types of recycling symbols on your Windows and Mac based documents using alt codes keyboard shortcuts.
Related: Alt code emoji symbols shortcuts.
Alt Code Shortcuts for Recycling Symbols
Recycling symbols are part of Unicode point range U+2600. Here is a list of alt code shortcuts for recycling symbols for Windows, Mac and Word documents.
|Alt Code Windows||Alt + X for Word||Option Code for Mac||Recycle Symbol||Symbol Description|
|Alt + 9842||2672 + Alt + X||Option + 2672||♲||Universal Recycling Symbol|
|Alt + 9843||2673 + Alt + X||Option + 2673||♳||Recycling Symbol for Type-1 Plastics|
|Alt + 9844||2674 + Alt + X||Option + 2674||♴||Recycling Symbol for Type-2 Plastics|
|Alt + 9845||2675 + Alt + X||Option + 2675||♵||Recycling Symbol for Type-3 Plastics|
|Alt + 9846||2676 + Alt + X||Option + 2676||♶||Recycling Symbol for Type-4 Plastics|
|Alt + 9847||2677 + Alt + X||Option + 2677||♷||Recycling Symbol for Type-5 Plastics|
|Alt + 9848||2678 + Alt + X||Option + 2678||♸||Recycling Symbol for Type-6 Plastics|
|Alt + 9849||2679 + Alt + X||Option + 2679||♹||Recycling Symbol for Type-7 Plastics|
|Alt + 9850||267A + Alt + X||Option + 267A||♺||Recycling Symbol for Generic Material|
|Alt + 9851||267B + Alt + X||Option + 267B||♻||Black Universal Recycling Symbol|
|Alt + 9852||267C + Alt + X||Option + 267C||♼||Recycled Paper Symbol|
|Alt + 9853||267D + Alt + X||Option + 267D||♽||Partially Recycled Paper Symbol|
How to Use Recycling Symbols?
In general, you can use the universal recycle symbols ♲ and ♻ with different colors and text to indicate the purpose. For example, a green symbol on a trash bin indicates a recyclable disposals and a red symbol indicates non-recyclable disposals. However, the numbers inside recycling symbol indicates a specific type of plastics material.
|♴||High Density Polyethylene|
|♵||Vinyl, Polyvinyl Chloride|
|♶||Low Density Polyethylene|
Follow one of the below method to insert recycle symbols on Windows, Word, macOS and HTML documents.
- You can use the recycling symbols on Windows based documents by holding the alt key and typing the decimal numbers using numeric pad on your keyboard.
On Windows Microsoft Word Documents
- If you are trying to insert on Microsoft Word documents on Windows, try the Unicode hexadecimal value along with alt and x keys. The advantage here is that you can use normal keyboard keys for this purpose.
- On Mac, change the keyboard layout to Unicode Hex Input method. Hole option key and type the hexadecimal code to make the recycling symbols.
- Alternatively, press “Control + Command + Spacebar” to open Character Viewer app. Type “recy” to filter all recycling related symbols. As you can see in the below screenshot, there is also a green recycling symbol emoji available on Mac in addition to the Unicode symbols. You can also choose the font variations to insert different variations of each symbol.
On HTML Documents
You have different options to use the symbols on web documents.
- Use decimal alt code like with the prefix and hexadecimal code with the prefix to insert these symbols. For example, ♲ or &x#9842; will produce the universal recycling symbol like ♲. Check out the complete list of HTML escape names and strings.
Though you can use Unicode symbols on HTML and other web documents, it is better to use SVG font icons. One popular option is to use Font Awesome icons and you can get different symbols in a scalable format. In addition to recycling icons, font icons also offer additional options like trash bins which are not available in Unicode.
Font and Size Variation
Like any other text content on your document, you can adjust the size and color of these recycling symbols.
As mentioned, you can use scalable font icons on HTML documents to show variations. Otherwise, you need to use font-size and color attributes in CSS and style the element on your document.
Insert Trash Bin or Recycle Bin Symbol in Word Documents?
In computer world, there is a recycle bin that contains all the deleted items on your computer. Generally, you can see this Trash icon on the Desktop as part of the Windows operating system. You can insert the Trash bin symbol on Word document following the below instructions:
- Open Word and position the cursor where you want to insert the Trash bin symbol.
- Navigate to “Insert > Symbols > More Symbols” and open “Symbols” utility.
- Under “Symbols” tab, change the “Font” to “Windings 2”.
- Select the Trash icon and click “Insert” button.