It is a common confusion among most of the free Weebly users regarding which plan to choose when coming to upgrade their site. Besides four different plans provided by Weebly it is important to understand what exactly an upgrade means. This article explains the basic features of upgrading to any of Weebly’s premium plans compared to a free account.
|Upgrade Plan||Target Segment of Users|
|Free||All type of users wants to create a showcase site with few pages and a blog with no additional features.|
|Starter||Users want to build a basic site with minimal features.|
|Pro||Users want to build professional looking site with own branding like self hosted video player, search box and header slideshow.|
|Business Plan||Users with the need to have an ecommerce platform for selling goods online (both digital and physical products).|
|Performance Plan||Full fledged online store with discount coupons, gift cards and sending abandoned cart email to users.|
- All users of free, starter, pro and business plans will have same limit of 10 sites per account.
- There is no difference on number of sites per account based on the upgrade plan.
- Weebly offer 6 months, 1 year and 2 years option for each upgrade plan.
- Below is the cost comparison of each plan for all three options.
- The maximum upgrade time frame is 2 years and Weebly does not provide more than 2 years plan at this moment.
- You need to upgrade every two years to retain premium features.
- If you do not renew then the premium features will stop working on your site. For example, if you have added a search box as part of Weebly pro upgrade plan for two years and not renewing the plan after two years will make the search box disappear from your published site.
- Below is the complete list of features and the available for each Weebly plan.
- Upgrade cost monthly charges but paid at once during initial time and then during each renewal.
- You can upgrade for specific timeframe and then renew it for different timeframe. For example, upgrading to 2 years initially and then renewing it with 6 months is possible.
- You can set the auto renew on / off under account settings.
- All users have access to modify source HTML / CSS.
- All types of plans are covered under same shared hosting which is free of cost. There is no paid hosting service offered by Weebly.
- No users will have access to root directory for modifying robots.txt or .htaccess file.
- Drag and drop builder with basic elements is free for all type of plans.
- Upgrade is applicable per site and not per account.
- You can get $10 referral commission by referring friends. When the referred friend publishes a site in Weebly both you and your friend will get $10 as a commission. This commission can be used on any upgrade plans offered by Weebly.
- Domain bought from Weebly will be auto assigned to a free site without the need of upgrading to any premium plans.