4 Ways to Sell More With Amazon Associates
There are large number of website on the internet just offering information. Did you ever wonder how come these sites survive without selling any products? The answer is they earn money through online advertisements and affiliate programs. One of the popular affiliate programs for bloggers is Amazon Associates program. Amazon Associates is a great program that you can join for free and earn huge commissions by referring products to potential buyers on your site. It’s easy to sell more and gain huge monthly commissions.
1. Monitor and Follow Trends
Amazon is selling many products that are relevant to any trend in the market. It is obvious that you should follow trends and promote relevant products on your site. This allows you to get more traffic, clicks and eventually, actual sales. Try to be among the first in offering best solutions to a new problem. Google Trends is an excellent tool for finding out about recent trending topics. Using trends, you will get a bigger picture on things that people are looking for at the moment on particular country.
You will have a good idea on products that you should promote and the hottest topics in the market.
2. Focus on Bestselling Products
It is a good idea to promote products that people are actually buying. Make a list of bestselling products and you should make selling these products as your primary goal. Amazon allows you to find bestselling products and most reviewed products. After doing some searches, you will find more than a few bestselling products that match your fields of interest.
For example, you can create custom product links that matches interest. For example, below is the list of custom products for Weebly eBooks:
You can sell more by choosing consumable products, because people need to buy them regularly. You will get future and repeat sales from long-term customers.
3. Use Links, Banners and Widgets Effectively
Links, banners and widgets are essential to promote Amazon products in your website. You may choose different banners and widgets in the Amazon Associates account. It is easy to add them to your blog. They can be positioned inside the regular posts, in the sidebar and other locations. Here are other things you should do:
- Never go overboard: Avoid going overboard when using affiliate links. Riddling your blog posts and content pages with too many affiliate links will degrade user experience.
- Don’t use redirection: It is also important not to use redirection for your affiliate links. It is much better if you link directly to Amazon, so you won’t mislead or deceive your potential buyers in any way.
- Put them in content-rich pages: Affiliate links should be placed in content-rich blog posts and pages. Search engines absolutely love webpages with compelling, useful and long-form content. If your pages are regularly visited, you need to keep them up to date. Write a positive review about specific product and this will be your best opportunity for selling the exact same product. It will be easier for you to pull in highly prospective buyers, to buy digital cameras, laptops, smartphones, vacuum cleaners and other products, if you write a good review for them.
- Use no-follow attributes: You should assign no-follow attributes to your affiliate links. With this method, your Amazon affiliate links won’t pass any juice. People are always looking for instructions and guidance when using a product.
- Don’t place them in the first paragraph: You should leave your first paragraph alone. It’s among the first things that people read and you shouldn’t ruin their experience. If people see links in the first paragraph, your webpage will appear spammy and you will lose credibility. Avoid shoving links too soon into reader faces, even before they begin to read your content.
- Use only relevant product links: After people read your content, they will expect to see only relevant things. Your links need to be relevant, useful and specific. As an example, after posting an informative article on fly fishing techniques, people will likely to buy specific equipment that allow them to use the same fly fishing techniques that you discussed before.
- Use high quality images: Images can improve comprehensions and user experience in your blog posts. You should make sure to use only high quality images. You may use hot-link these images to respective Amazon products. Again, you should assign no-follow tags to any hot-linked image.
4. Choose Best Niches
Choosing the best niche will determine your success as an Amazon affiliate. You will face plenty of competition and ranking high in search engines won’t be easy. There are many other people who are promoting the same computer parts, books, sports gears and toys. You will need to dig deeper to choose the most relevant products and topics. If your blog is about computing technology, you will increase potential sales, improve rankings and lower the competition by promoting a single product that’s known for its good price and features. Here are things you should do:
- Choose a balanced niche: You will sell more by choosing relatively popular niches. However, very popular niches may not be the best for you, if the level of competition is too high. A good niche should be big enough, so it will be financially viable in the long term. It is important to experiment with you niches. Depending on the situation, you may expand or narrow a niche down, until you come up with the right-sized one. You should use Google and other major search engines to find out what your competitors are doing in the same niche.
- Be passionate with your niche: You will get the best results by choosing a niche that you are passionate and interested about. If you are knowledgeable about the niche, you can introduce and explain it better to the audience. If you have first-hand experience in using DSLR cameras effectively, it will be more likely for people to buy these cameras from your webpage. Your interests and hobbies can become great niches for you.
- See things from customer perspectives: Even if you have a fantastic niche, you will have poor results if you use only your personal perspective. Amazon offers a full range of products, but you should make sure that people are willing to buy them. Buyers love discounted products. Your commission might be smaller, but you can get extra money by selling more products.