Gone are the days people use camera and phones separately. Unless, you are a professional photographer, your smartphones can do the camera work for you. Especially, iPhone comes with one of the most powerful cameras available among all other smartphones. You can easily click high resolution pictures or selfies with iPhone. However, there are situations you may need to send the pictures from iPhone to your Windows PC. In this article, we will explain 3 ways to send photos from iPhone to Windows PC.
3 Ways to Send Photos from iPhone Windows PC
You can follow one of the below option to send the pictures from iPhone to PC.
- Using iCloud web access PC
- Transfer photos using lightning cable
- Using third-party apps
1. Using iCloud Web Access
You need iCloud account in order to use any Apple devices like iPhone, Mac or iPad. It helps to use the continuity features like Handoff or Universal Clipboard. In addition, you can synchronize all your photos and get on any devices using iCloud account.
First, you have to enable iCloud on your iPhone in order to synchronize the pictures and videos from your photo steam to cloud.
- Tap on “Settings” app on your iPhone and then tap on your Apple ID shown on top.
- Select “iCloud” option and then tap on “Photos”.
- Enable “iCloud Photos” option.
This will help you automatically synchronize all your photos in iCloud account. After taking photos with your iPhone, you can open “Photos” app on your Mac and view them instantly. Instead of viewing the pictures using “Photos” app on your Mac, you can also access them using icloud.com website. The advantage here is that you can use the web access on Windows PC as well.
- Open icloud.com website on your Windows PC.
- It will show you all apps on the iCloud and click on “Photos” app.
- You can view all your iPhone pictures and videos in “Photos” app.
- Select the files and click on the “Download” icon on the top bar.
You can either download the unmodified original photos or choose the most compatible download for your PC. Windows will save all the selected photos in a zip file called “iCloud Photos”. You can rename the file and unzip to extract all images.
2. Transfer to Windows PC Using Cable
If you do not want to use iCloud account for any reasons then the easy way is to physically connect the devices. You can connect your iPhone to Windows PC using the lightning cable and transfer the photos.
- Connect your iPhone to Windows PC using the lightning cable. If you have iPhone 11 or later versions then you need a converter to connect the type C cable to the USB port.
- Windows will show you a prompt with multiple options.
- Click on “Import photos and videos” option (you can also choose “Open device to view files” option to explore the files on your iPhone).
This will open the “Photos” app in your PC showing all available media files on your iPhone. Select the photos you want to import to your PC and click on “Import selected” button.
Related: How to connect PC to TV wireless?
Customizing Import Settings
If you want to change the import settings, click on “Import settings” link shown above the button. It will show you a pop-up like below with multiple options.
- Click on “Change the import destination” link and choose the folder for your downloads.
- Choose the way you want to group the downloaded pictures. You can group by date, by month and by year.
- Check the box that shows “Delete items from my device after i import them” to permanently delete the photos on the iPhone after downloading to PC. This is useful especially if you don’t have premium iCloud account and running out of storage space on your phone.
You will see an import success message, after transferring the selected photos to your PC.
3. Using Third-party Apps
There are many third-party apps available for transferring your photos to Windows PC. You can use the free apps like “SHAREit – Connect & Transfer”, “Send Anywhere – File Transfer” or “Photo Transfer App” for this purpose. For example, SHAREit allows you to transfer the photos by installing app on your iPhone and PC. While you can generate link with authentication code using Send Anywhere app by registering an account.
Therefore, choose the app depending upon your need like free or paid and whether you want to install additional app on PC. Here we will explain, how to transfer photos using the “Photo Transfer App”.
- Install the app on your iPhone and open it.
- On the first screen, you will see options for send or receive photos and tap on “Send” option.
- Select “Windows” option under “Send over Wi-Fi”. You should have connected PC and iPhone on the same wireless network connection for this option to work. Otherwise, choose other options as you need.
- Choose the “Use Web Browser” option to move on to next screen.
- Tap “Select” to choose your pictures for transfer. You will see an IP address with port to access the selected pictures on the browser.
- Open a browser on your PC and type the IP/port shown on the app.
- The app will send notification to authorize accessing the photos on your iPhone. Choose one time or always access based on your need.
- Now, you will see all selected photos on your PC. Right click on the images and start downloading them to your PC. The app also allows you to download minimum or full resolution photos.
We hope the above explained methods will help you to transfer the photos from your iPhone to PC. Each method has its own pros and cons depending upon your need. The easy way is to use the lightning cable to transfer the photos.