Mobirise is one of the popular apps for building beautiful websites. You can easily create HTML websites using Bootstrap framework with thousands of pre-made templates. Instead of breaking your head with complicated content management systems like WordPress, you can manage everything with a single Mobirise app. In this article, we will explain 11 tips for using Mobirise site builder app like a pro.
Tips for Using Mobirise Site Builder
Before proceeding further make sure to update your Mobirise app to the latest version. For example, the latest version offers Mobirise 5 theme which is based on Bootstrap 5 version.
Tip#1 – Choose Your Theme Wisely
Remember, it is not possible to change your theme after creating a site with Mobirise app. Therefore, check and choose a theme using latest Bootstrap version.
- Avoid themes with Bootstrap beta versions as things can change when stable version is available.
- Similarly, avoid AMP themes as you may get errors in Google Search Console when using forms with AMP themes.
Tip#2 – Import Site in Another Computer
Mobirise app will keep the history of all your sites created in a app. However, it will be stored on your local computer. Over the years, if you changed your computer then you can export and import your sites in new computer.
- Go to “Sites” menu and click on the “Site Settings” gear icon on the site you want to export.
- Under “Common” section, click on “Export Site” to get the copy of your site’s file.
- Along with your site’s assets, Mobirise will also create project file named “project.mobirise”.
- Install Mobirise app on your new computer and go to “Sites” section.
- Click on “Import Mobirise Site” link and upload your “project.mobirise” file.
- This will import the entire site to the app in your new computer.
Tip#3 – Restore Deleted Sites
Similar to export and import sites, you can also restore the sites deleted mistakenly. Go to “Sites” section of the app and click on “Restore Deleted Sites” button on the top left corner.
Press “OK” to confirm the sites restore.
Remember, there is no option to select single website for restoring. The app will restore all sites you have deleted previously and restore them. Hence, restoring will take some time depending upon the number deleted sites.
Tip#4 – Change App Language
Mobirise app is available in more than 10 popular languages like English, German, French, Chinese, etc. In addition, you can use your own language by translating the text content used in the app.
- Go to “Account > App Settings” menu.
- Click on the drop-down below the “Language” section and choose your language from the list.
- If you want to create custom translation, click on “Edit” button.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of words used in interface, themes and extensions section of the app.
- Click “Add Language” button and choose your language.
- You can start adding translation for each word.
- Save your changes to use the app in your favorite language.
Tip#5 – Enable Dark Mode
If you are a dark mode lover, then Mobirise app offers that option as well. Go to “Account > App Settings” section and enable “Dark Mode” under “App” section.
Tip#6 – Remove Mobirise Footer
Free Mobirise app will add a footer message that you can’t easily remove from published sites. You have to purchase the code editor extension or entire Mobirise kit to remove the free footer from the sites. However, you still need to make a setting change even after activating your purchases. Go to “Account > App Settings” section and enable “Remove “Mobirise” from HTML” option. This will remove all occurrences of “Mobirise” in HTML including the footer message.
Tip#7 – Create User Blocks
As mentioned above, you can’t change the theme once selected in Mobirise app. It essentially means, you can’t use the blocks available in one theme in another theme. This applies big restrictions when using blocks. However, you can overcome this by creating a custom user block that will be available across all your themes.
- First add the block to your site and click on it to view available options.
- Click on download icon that says, “Save to User Blocks”.
- Once saved, you can find all user blocks under “User Blocks” section when adding blocks to your page. These user blocks will be available on all themes and you can insert theme on any sites.
Tip#8 – Clone Site or Page
Sometimes what you need is to simply duplicate or clone the entire project and edit content for your new project. You can do this in Mobirise by going to “Sites” section and clicking on the “Clone Site” icon available on the site that you want duplicate.
Tip#9 – Insert Content in Header and Footer
There are many situations you need to insert codes in the header and footer sections of your site or page. For example, you may want to insert Google Analytics code in the footer before body section and Google AdSense Auto Ads code inside the header section. Mobirise app allows you to insert codes in header and end of body section in specific page or in entire site.
- Go to “Pages” menu and click on the “Settings” icon for the page you want to insert codes. On the page settings section, you can paste your code in the required blocks.
- Similarly, go to “Sites” section and click on the “Site Settings” icon. You can paste Google Analytics code under “SEO & Analytics” section. For any other custom codes, go to “Global HTML Insert” section and paste your code in the required blocks.
Tip#10 – Revert Back to Previous Version of Project
Mobirise records all changes of your projects as separate versions. You can keep track of different saved versions and revert back to any previously state without hassle. For example, you have updated the site, but your client did not like it and asked you to revert back like before. This will be a pain if you do not have any backup copies. With the latest Mobirise app, you can simply browse through the versions and restore any saved version.
- Go to “Sites” and click on “Site Settings” for the site you want to revert back to previous version.
- Navigate to “Common” section and click on “History” button.
- You will see a pop-up showing a list of all previously version of the site.
- Select the version you want to restore and click “Revert Back” button.
- Click on the “OK” button in the pop-up to confirm the restore. Good part is that the app will store your current site as a new version. In case of need, you can easily restore to the latest version with few clicks again.
Tip#11 – Create Temporary Sites with Mobirise
The final tip is to publish your content as a temporary site with Mobirise subdomain. In this way, you can instantly publish your site online and request client to confirm the design. When you are in the “Common” site settings section, click on the “Publish” button under “Site Domain” section.
If needed you can enter some descriptive text like my-client-site.mobirisesite.com. This will publish your site with the given subdomain and allow you to visit the site on browser anywhere from the world.
The beauty is that you can also edit the site online with browser by logging with Google, Facebook or with your email. In this way, you can do collaborative editing of the content by multiple editors.
Many of the above mentioned features are introduced recently in Mobirise app. We recommend you going through the app settings and other sections of the app frequently to understand the new features.