React JS is a graphical user interface (GUI) which helps in controlling the software and hardware applications. This tool was actually developed in the year 2011 by an engineer from Facebook. It is an open source library that helps to develop responsive websites which can interact with the various user inputs. Companies like Netflix, Facebook, and Dropbox are using React JS programming on their websites to make it more appealing and interactive to their users.
10 Tips to Become an Expert in React JS
If you are planning to become an expert, then you must know the following things when learning React JS.
1. Know Difference Between Virtual DOM and Real DOM
Firstly, one must know the basic differences between Virtual DOM and Real DOM in order to become expert in the React JS. Document Object Model (DOM) works similar to XML and it is a tree shaped structure. Due to the slow working capacity of the DOM, the virtual DOM was introduced into the picture, to overcome the React JS.
Virtual DOM is capable of handling the recreation of page layouts, repainting the web pages, and also recalculation of CSS can be done with the help of React JS. Moreover, compared to Real DOM, Virtual DOM does not make any memory wastage.
2. Qualities of React JS
To become expert in React JS one must clearly know the qualities of the React JS. Basically, React JS is used for developing GUI and it includes server-side rendering, virtual DOM, and also follows unidirectional information movement. On the other hand, React JS comes with many benefits like reuse of codes, use of high performance virtual DOM, enhanced readability of codes, and also writing the user interface codes has never been easier without the help of the React JS. Of all the advantages listed here, React JS also comes with a critical advantage of code reusability, and also unidirectional data follow, and it also has larger communities across the world which helps with coding issues.
One must understand that the React JS architectural frameworks are built by the components. These components divide the whole user interface into reusable and minute stand-alone items. Moreover, all the components of the React JS will not interact with each other and not influence the user interface either.
3. Purpose Of Render
All the components in the React JS have render() function. This responds to the React elements which represent the DOM constituent. Also, when you wish to render the HTML components in a group, then you must combine all these components in one container tag like div, form, etc.
4. Understand Props
In order to become an expert in React JS, one must have a clear understanding on what does props mean. Props are properties in the React JS. They are unchangeable and exist in read-only mode. Child elements inherit the props from parent in the entire application development process. The child component cannot send the component back to parent, as the React JS functions in a unidirectional information flow.
5. Understand the ‘State’ Term
States are one of the critical elements of the React JS as they provide the information and also determine the rendering and behavior of the object in the application. One best thing about ‘State’ is that it can change from dynamic to interactive constituent.
6. Uses of Arrow Function
Arrow is one of the best ways to write concise function expression. The arrow function is also known as fat arrow which is responsible for binding the context of the file. Arrow function is very critical when dealing with the elevated order function.
7. Know the React JS Lifecyle
There are three stages in the lifecycle of React JS
- Initial rendering: This is the first phase when the component is about to commence its life journey and is ready join DOM.
- Updating phase: This is a stage when the component enters the DOM. At this phase, the component can update itself and re-render when a state or prop transforms.
- Unmounting phase: This is the end stage of the React JS where lifespan of the component ends. In this phase, the destruction and removal of the component from Document Object Model takes place.
8. Meaning of Event
In the React JS, events are also known as the triggered responses, including minor actions like mouse hover, keyboard press, and other responses. There are various properties involved with each and every event that has specific behaviour and properties which can be accessed through event handler.
9. Understanding Components of React JS
To become a React JS expert, one must understand the components of the React JS like:
- Action: This component of React JS sheds light on what has happened.
- Reducer: This is a state where the transformation of a state is defined.
- Store: This is where a state or object is stored.
10. Principles of React JS
- Single Source Truth: The whole library situation is kept in an object with only store. Single state tree is simple to follow and it is easy to monitor the application.
- State is Read-Only: One can change the state by triggering an action. An action in the React JS explains this transformation.
- Changes made with Pure Functions: Pure functions are needed to explain the state of the tree, as it keeps changing with the state of the actions.
These are some of the things which one need to keep in mind in order to become an expert in the React JS. If you are unable to get the basics mentioned above, then it is difficult to understand the core concepts of the React JS.